Latest experimental features: tangent and new feature discussion

Well that and, I never thought of a two by four as a liquid until now

think of it as displacement, not actual liquid volume, even though the inventories act like liquids. Yeah, it is awefully small, but a lot of the longer, but still small width/height things are. I like to think of them sticking out the top of the bag/basket etc… and the volume we see, as what is relevent. Plus, long 2x4’s are probably hard to come by, its likely more practical to just build with shorter lengths, even if its less sturdy for anything you want to have more length.

The sticking out bit is what I was thinking too. But that doesn’t make much sense when applied to vehicle storage spaces.

[quote=“DG123, post:53, topic:12750”][quote=“TheWumpus, post:52, topic:12750”][quote=“DG123, post:92, topic:9298”]I have to say I’m not fond of some weapons needing to be mounted on tables or dirt piles before firing…

If you have power armour it seems reasonable to use them unmounted.

On the same note there’s no real reason why you can’t use a minigun unmounted except weight. They don’t have massive recoil.[/quote]

That’s probably a half second burst. Yes, yes they do have massive recoil.[/quote]

In rebuttal…

It didn’t even visibly move when he started firing.

The other guy just isn’t holding it right to compensate for the sideways “climb”. Super heavy weapons generally don’t have a massive problem with actual recoil knocking you on your arse when the calibre is reasonably small.

I’ve also found a video elsewhere of someone using a Browning M2 hip fired. Not fully auto, but it works in single shot and doesn’t seem to be all that heavy or gigantic, all things considered.[/quote]

Of the 3 minigun videos, FullMag is the only one clearly shooting real, full power ammo, you can see how the recoil pushes his whole body and his feet slides over the dirt before he loses balance.
Both FPSRussia and the girl very likely are shooting blanks, no recoil, no impacts, too much muzzle flash.

Here’s FullMag shooting a handheld M2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMJp63HGbw
And some russian giant shooting a KORD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwu3ivAJ68U
Why not 20mm? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNyILOTCkLM

[quote=“Shackram, post:64, topic:12750”][quote=“DG123, post:53, topic:12750”][quote=“TheWumpus, post:52, topic:12750”][quote=“DG123, post:92, topic:9298”]I have to say I’m not fond of some weapons needing to be mounted on tables or dirt piles before firing…

If you have power armour it seems reasonable to use them unmounted.

On the same note there’s no real reason why you can’t use a minigun unmounted except weight. They don’t have massive recoil.[/quote]

That’s probably a half second burst. Yes, yes they do have massive recoil.[/quote]

In rebuttal…

It didn’t even visibly move when he started firing.

The other guy just isn’t holding it right to compensate for the sideways “climb”. Super heavy weapons generally don’t have a massive problem with actual recoil knocking you on your arse when the calibre is reasonably small.

I’ve also found a video elsewhere of someone using a Browning M2 hip fired. Not fully auto, but it works in single shot and doesn’t seem to be all that heavy or gigantic, all things considered.[/quote]

Of the 3 minigun videos, FullMag is the only one clearly shooting real, full power ammo, you can see how the recoil pushes his whole body and his feet slides over the dirt before he loses balance.
Both FPSRussia and the girl very likely are shooting blanks, no recoil, no impacts, too much muzzle flash.

Here’s FullMag shooting a handheld M2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMJp63HGbw
And some russian giant shooting a KORD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwu3ivAJ68U
Why not 20mm? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNyILOTCkLM[/quote]

Out of the three videos FullMag is the only one who fires the gun completely wrong.

If you watch the video he is:

• Not pushing the barrel down, he actually begins firing the gun with the barrel significantly higher than the back of the gun (and somehow he still seems surprised that the barrel goes up and tips him off balance).
  • Is not bracing the gun against himself (holding it completely off his body to the side).
  • Doesn’t even lock his elbows.
  • Stands in the most awkward way I could possibly imagine (seemed to be expecting recoil and instead of properly bracing himself deliberately chose to move with the gun!?)… You actually see his front leg lift off the ground!?

lt’ll be best if we actually used ths thread for its intended purpose and discussed features elsewhere.

l mean there’s almost a page of off topic discussion here.

I don’t wanna start a new discussion topic thingy but I’ve noticed after updating from 5688 to 5698 you can no longer use right arrow to use/eat/whatever, I remember using just the left arrow to select the different “columns” (what you’re holding/inventory/worn) and then using right arrow to use said item. Now you have to use enter apparently and I have no idea why… it requires moving waaaay too much when it used to be so easy. Can I rebind somehow??? :frowning:

No, I don’t think that’s possible to remap. It used to lead to YASD such as activating a grenade as opposed to changing column

Yeah, I could see that happening if you weren’t too familiar with the controls and all that, it kind of just felt natural after a while. Guess it’s time to just get used to it.

Hah, I haven’t done this one yet, although I have consumed quite a lot of Ambien by mistake.

Man, I came here to read changelogs, not scroll through pages of arguments. Can we come up with a better system for organizing this information? This is asinine

It was supposed to be mods’ job of removing arguments, I think. Kevin did it when he was still around.

It’s unfeasible to update a changelog through github (due to conflicts). Except maybe github wiki - I don’t know much about it.
Having a thread where only devs can post (and second thread for discussion) could help it, but I’m not sure if the forum supports it.

It would be useful to have a “move conversation” button, which would allow a moderator to move posts to a relevant thread without breaking the conversation.

I realize this topic is a little redundant in some ways, and quite stilted a read. latest experimental features was long-overdue for cleanup and I want to go to bed. You can discuss thoughts on refining new experimental features here, while using the parent thread responsible for this tangent for - gasp! just announcing new features.

It’s amazing how many people can have the same innovation idea. I have had to change 3 items in my private mod because they were conflicting with newly added content.

Anyone else able to construct vehicles from scratch in the latest build? I can’t.

Here’s what I get:

Are you perhaps trying to build something while only having one frame at hand? You need to have two frames at hand to start vehicle creation. (Unless that was fixed at some point and you have a completely unrelated problem)

Shouldn’t it tell me that?

Rather than breaking horribly

[quote=“Subhazard, post:79, topic:12750”]Shouldn’t it tell me that?

Rather than breaking horribly[/quote]

The 2-Frames issue isn’t a feature, its a bug in of itself. That’s why there’s no notification, its not supposed to be like that.