Larger nuclear craters

So there are all these nuclear silos, and you can fire off rockets…

But they only leave a 5X5 crater. That’s pathetic for a nuke. That’s like, a few city blocks. Now that we have size sixteen cities, I want to see really phenominal blast radiuses on these nuclear bombs.

They ought to wipe a town off the map, not leave a minor inconvenience in the center.

This is the apocalypse, folks. Not a tea party. If a person’s going to go through the trouble of going to the silos, getting the card, and the necessary computer skill to set it off, it ought to be really impressive. Like a nuclear bomb is in real life.

I second you, i think they should be larger.

You press the red button, the nuke launches and-

PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING

Also, the nukes don’t seem to impact zombies. Or cars. I’d like to see atleast irradiated zeds, if they’re not going to die. No change at all kind of eliminates the point of taking off and nuking the site from orbit. Apparently, it is not the only way to be sure, atleast in this game. As I base all my civic policy on quotes from Aliens, I believe this should be changed. The zed count ought to drop. They’re nuclear ash at that point. And also, why aren’t craters hot?

There needs to be a variation of fire, nuclear fire to be precise. Because the atom bomb is hot. It fuses soil into glass.

The way it is now, it seems to be some sort of reverse neutron bomb: Kills buildings, leaves creatures.

Yeah nukes are really bugged now (and a fair bit of it lies in how we currently have the map itself implemented, sadly :confused: ). Hopefully as we get some of those problems straightened out it will get easier to fix nukes.

I seem to have a huge area of craters in the middle of a town on my world map and I haven’t even nuked anything yet…

Am I right in assuming I should expect a massive area filled with mutation causing and deadly radiation? Just how nasty is it?

[quote=“DG123, post:6, topic:4853”]I seem to have a huge area of craters in the middle of a town on my world map and I haven’t even nuked anything yet…

Am I right in assuming I should expect a massive area filled with mutation causing and deadly radiation? Just how nasty is it?[/quote]

Not nearly nasty enough! Walk around, roll in the dirt, eat a handful of nuclear glass. You’ll be fine. Kids these days! FEH! They don’t know radiation! They think it’s some namby-pamby knock-knock joke, when it’s something much worse in reality.