Land mines and other traps

Hello guys,

I want to introduce you to the corpse of Odis Heaton. His head was blown off cleanly from his shoulders when he tried to disarm another land mine

So should I just avoid traps in general or which stats/armor do I need to deal with traps?

Thank you!

I think you can start disarming landmines once you reach about 6 trapping skill, anyhow I wouldnt try disarming landmines at all, too much risk and landmines are not really THAT usefull.

[abbr=warning advice may get you killed]I would suggest you to disarm every single shotgun trap you come across though. Just wait until you get 4 trapping skill and wear a helmet and a bulletproof vest every time you try it.[/abbr]

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:2, topic:8690”]I think you can start disarming landmines once you reach about 6 trapping skill, anyhow I wouldnt disarming landmines at all, too much risk and landmines are not really THAT usefull.

[abbr=warning advice may get you killed]I would suggest you to disarm every single shotgun trap you come across though. Just wait until you get 4 trapping skill and wear a helmet and a bulletproof vest every time you try it.[/abbr][/quote]
Or wear full power armor and don’t give a flying f… if they go up on you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But yeah I would train my skills up first before trying to fiddle with a land mine.

If you just want to get the land mines out of the way, like to make passage safe for a vehicle, try throwing rocks at the landmines (make sure you’re not standing too close to them, though).

Mines won’t kill you if you wear good 100% coverage armor on head, mouth, eyes and torso. They can still damage you then, just not insta-kill from full hp.
Anything kevlar should be enough.

No last words? Might I suggest “OH SHI—” ?

“Was it the red wire or the green wire?”

But yeah, armour up when disarming landmines. They’re made to kill things after all.

If you’re disarming mines simply to remove a threat, I’d find a road roller and drive over them. If you’re after mines for crafting materials, then I wish you all the best!

[quote=“Darkfirephoenix, post:3, topic:8690”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:2, topic:8690”]I think you can start disarming landmines once you reach about 6 trapping skill, anyhow I wouldnt disarming landmines at all, too much risk and landmines are not really THAT usefull.

[abbr=warning advice may get you killed]I would suggest you to disarm every single shotgun trap you come across though. Just wait until you get 4 trapping skill and wear a helmet and a bulletproof vest every time you try it.[/abbr][/quote]
Or wear full power armor and don’t give a flying f… if they go up on you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But yeah I would train my skills up first before trying to fiddle with a land mine.[/quote]

Here’s my go to solution for dealing with land lines. This is especially handy if they’re blocking a road you’re driving down.

Step 1. Grab a rock.

Step 2. Throw rock at ground.

Repeat Step 2.