Set up trap?

Thought I saw setting up a crossbow trap somehow, wiki and search gives me nothing.

mechanics level 3 and I think level 1 traps

1x crossbow
1x steel crossbow bolt OR 4x wood crossbow bolt
1x string - 3 ft OR 2x string - 6 in

(thats what i found on the wiki)

EDIT:

Easiest way to set up traps is to find a trap cache. They are pretty common, mostly 8-9 beartraps, 4-5 crossbow traps and about the same number of shotgun traps.
They usually have a few goodies at the heart of them too.

By the way, I wouldn’t even try disarming beartraps without a traps skill of 1. Crossbow traps are a tad harder.
Thankfully these two traps don’t do that much damage-- i.e, if you mess up the first time you’ll still have all your limbs attached.
Easiest traps to make by hand are beartraps, you need a wrench then go explore some craters or dissasemble things like lawnmowers and such for springs. 3 scrap metal later and voila, you’ve got something that can stop a hulk dead. You’ll need more than one, though.

[spoiler=Protip]Don’t mess with shotgun traps or landmines.
Ever.

And wear a goddamn helmet.[/spoiler]

ty, didn’t even occur to me to have a level in traps before trying to make them

[quote=“Iosyn, post:3, topic:1095”]Don’t mess with shotgun traps or landmines.
Ever.[/quote]

really? I’ve disarmed a shotgun trap with zero skill, (with how I know of how zombie spawning works I should have used it less) how lucky was I? (this was back in the early days but that might not matter much)

[quote=“Ziga, post:5, topic:1095”][quote=“Iosyn, post:3, topic:1095”]Don’t mess with shotgun traps or landmines.
Ever.[/quote]

really? I’ve disarmed a shotgun trap with zero skill, (with how I know of how zombie spawning works I should have used it less) how lucky was I? (this was back in the early days but that might not matter much)[/quote]

More often than not that shotgun will simply 1 shot you.

That’s snake-eyes luck, Ziga.
Of course, you can disarm them no matter your skill level, it’s just… unlikely.

First one I tried to disarm (with about traps 5) managed to hit me in the face. Down to one light red *, even while wearing a helmet. Amazing I survived at all.
Note, I’m pretty sure it hit me in the mouth so the helmet wouldn’t have helped in any case. I can just see the guy standing over it, breathing down at it.
(herr… Disarm trap! )

We should really get a fatman suit available in bunkers and outposts to deal with disarming landmines.

WHY would you put your head infront of a shotgun?! Its like “Alright, lets look down the barrel to see what im doing pulls the trigger

An EOD suit would actually be a great addition.

Yeah. Very warm, very encumbering, but great protection.

Also I’d say they should be quite rare… EOD techs aren’t exactly as common as your standard GI Joe.

Military Bases and Police Stations ought to have one most of the time.

Probably away in the ‘vault’ or whatever, im not sure. I dont think theyd keep them out though.

It should be in the armory. I’ve never looted either one admittedly, they have an armory, right?

I cracked open a crate and it had at least two mininukes and a bunch of other deadly, deadly things. Maybe we could find them there, for a reasonable outside place.

Yeah, all police stations in cata have an armory. It’s never that well stocked though.
Hell, even finding a riot helmet would be lucky.