Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you... J-99

So, I was really, really, really bored.

and the aftermath,

It was kinda disappointing. Not in a “the fight was hardly a challenge at all” kind of way. Well, it kinda did, but in a different way. One, I suppose it was better if I really did completely surround myself instead of putting two groups front and back. On the other hand, the main problem was the Jabberwocks were hostile to each other.

Basically, see the bottom carnage? They pretty much fought each other. The top half was no better, and the only ones that bothered to fight was the ones next to me. So, it was basically a pretty mundane affair.

devs screwed something? or you spawned few friendly jabberwocks by mistake?

I’ve no idea. I just did debug and spawned Jabberwocks from there.

If wild monsters like Jabberwocks are like that, I guess I’ll go with zombies next time. Zombie Hulks! Woooo!

So I tried it again. Hulks this time… 81 Hulks to be exact. First hit I went through a wall, and my pain went from 30 to 60. At this point I reckoned my character would finally get entry to Valhalla, but no.

Once again, they started fighting each other for some reason. I checked before hand, and they were all hostile toward me. Despite that they seemed to be more busy fighting amongst themselves than trying to turn my character into a red smear on the wall.

In the end, I fought even less hulks than Jabberwocks. More than a third seemed to die from infighting. So instead of spending the rest of the day doing clean-up, I just closed the game.

Jabberwocks aren’t designed to be spawned in quantity, and are capable of tearing through others In Their Way. So you’ll have this sort of thing. Similar effect with Hulks, I’m afraid.

Now, BO-9 might be interesting. KA101 sends his girls and boys over to play!

[quote=“KA101, post:5, topic:9411”]Jabberwocks aren’t designed to be spawned in quantity, and are capable of tearing through others In Their Way. So you’ll have this sort of thing. Similar effect with Hulks, I’m afraid.

Now, BO-9 might be interesting. KA101 sends his girls and boys over to play![/quote]

All right, then. Let’s do this with some modifications.

Three circles of hell. No entrance, no exit. It’s a race to see who’ll enter valhalla first.

And the aftermath;

Dunno why there’s a big blank space on the side. Long story short, somehow one or some of the bio-operators broke through the wall. For most part nearly all of them stayed inside, and I just started punching everything in sight. No point in going at it one by one. I just pressed 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 over and over until I killed everything. Survivor suit got destroyed though, and maybe some other pieces of clothing.

Either way, looks like my character would have to wait some more until he parties with Valkyries. I close the game after that since it’d be pretty unfair to harvest CBMs off them.

Congrats, your character is officially overpowered.

KA101 awards Azrad a giant “I was OP” trophy, made entirely out of foam rubber

Be Nerfed. :wink:

[quote=“KA101, post:7, topic:9411”]Congrats, your character is officially overpowered.

KA101 awards Azrad a giant “I was OP” trophy, made entirely out of foam rubber

Be Nerfed. ;-)[/quote]

If this keeps up, he’ll be stuck in limbo forever until the universe cools down. Seeking valhalla, and a fresh start, I decided to kill him with a survival mode. Waves of baddies, healing with repair nanobots okay until bionic power runs out, but no painkillers! It’s all in until he falls.

First phase! World’s deadliest beasties.

With the pain going up, I already have my doubts that he’ll survive the next round. Plus, I reckon the gimmick of the first phase would be better for a later phase. Oh well.

Second phase! The sea of acid.

Embarassingly, I forgot to take a screenshot of the time when the spitters were summoned. As a reminder, I can heal via repair nanobots, but I can’t do anything about the pain. As an addition, I can’t repair my clothes as well.
I’d like to think that the acid turned what’s left of my character’s legs into stumps, and despite that (and the severe stat loss) he’s still running on pure and utter rage as he groin punches the Spitters to death.

Well, after his legs were gone, there was nothing else the spitters can do to him. Notably, he had a teleporter bionic to get him out of the pool, but where’s the fun in that?

Fighting with a handicap, he crawls onward to victory and death.

Third phase! Thriller!

I reckon that by turning the dancers into hulks this way, they won’t fight amongst themselves and aim for me alone. Seems like I was right.
I was in the right place at the right time. Hulk smashed me into an open space instead of getting splattered into the wall or another hulk. Despite everything, attacks are still being blocked, and the punches to the Hulks are still going strong.

How is he still alive?! Okay, left arm has been turned into mush. Repair nanobots can no longer be used. Pain will soon reach a point where he can no longer move. Despite that, he’s not even sad about it. My character, Party Man, has accepted fate with stoic stoicness. To Valhalla with you!
(and get this, due to mutations he’s happy because he’s wet, no morale decreasing factors)

Fourth phase.

Weeeeelllll… at this point I should reward him. Since he managed to survive three waves of undeath he should crawl back to his base, recover and live to fight another day. Perhaps I should. However, he has to face one last trial. One on one. A last call for the valkyries to come take him away,

…it actually went well for two turns. Crit the tank drone twice for good damage, but unfortunately the tank bot staggered to a different direction. Party Man tried to crawl after him, but he was no longer fase. The Tank recovered and opened fire… with fire.

And thus ends the saga of Party Man. And I forgot to check his skills before; melee and bashing were at around 19, I think. Dodging was around 7-8, maybe less due to torso encumbrance.

he died with smile on his face :slight_smile:

He certainly did. Even as the tazer and flamethrower killed him, the smile on the top right of the screen stayed the same. I reckon a smile got laminated on him on account of the heat.

Still, I can’t help but wonder. Had he stepped back instead of forward, he might have lived longer. Oh well, Party Man has died and gone to Valhalla, where there will be quaffing and fighting and he’ll probably make a few hundred valkyrie babies. Or something. Either way, he ran the gauntlet of death and managed to make a good showing.

Brass knuckles plus boxing really helped out too. It’ll be interesting to try this gauntlet once more once the stamina feature has been implemented. Though next time I wanna try a different gauntlet - one involving a lot of throwing knives and the railgun CBM.