Juck Made Power Armor

Or you could install some CBMs in your powerarmour instead of your body.
It´s unlikely you can use your Electromagnetic Unit CBM inside heavy powerarmour without hurting yourself.

How about another direction to do things, just a suggestion here really: grappling piston-powered claws that can be mounted on vehicles?
I can imagine the best peak direction a survivor can take “power armor” is a 3x3 vehicle with heavy metal plating, tank treads, a big engine, a mounted turret, and some form of BIG, MEATY, CLAWS piston claws for grabbing vehicles, boulders, furniture, big items, etc, without having to leave the vehicle, as well as being able to slap things around if they’re close enough to you without needing to shift the whole vehicle.

Speaking of things, can a vehicle with tank treads turn while stationary? If not, they should probably be adapted to permit it.

Other vehicle improvements could be:
-Some sort of piston-powered wacky thing that is less resource intensive than a roboclaw both in controlling and building, and would “slam/crush/impact” whatever tile it’s on and all occupants of said tile for Big Damage, but does not take up space when considering vehicular collisions. Is manually activated from controls, but can be trigger activated if you apply some of your trapping skills (for stationary bases and the like).
-Diagonal movement protection: This is… a hard problem. Short of making 2 tile thick walls on your vehicle, the best thing I can figure in this case is a component when diagonal to another component of the same type, blocks movement, vision, and projectiles between the diagonal gap between the two. Actually programming it could very well be harder, though.

Granted, this is getting away from power armor and more into tank/mecha hybrids, but considering the current vehicles we can make, it seems to be ballpark capable in this sense. More readily buildable than a body-hugging power armor suit, at least.

1 Like

If you’re talking about a 3x3 vehicle with treads and utility attachments, you’re basically describing a bobcat:

One thing about these though, they’re slow as hell. The hydraulics and such that actuate them are designed for moving around 100s of lbs of rock or soil at a time, not for moving fast.

I would love a proper bulldozer, instead of just a bandit bulldozer. XP

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:23, topic:11286”]If you’re talking about a 3x3 vehicle with treads and utility attachments, you’re basically describing a bobcat:

One thing about these though, they’re slow as hell. The hydraulics and such that actuate them are designed for moving around 100s of lbs of rock or soil at a time, not for moving fast.[/quote]Well, I figure using survival crafting. Truck/tank engines, ensconcing military grade plating, the like. Otherwise, in terms of overall size profile, rather spot on, though design wise would be what the survivor can work with or plans to work with.
Nonetheless, a variety of mundane utility parts for swinging around and bonking things on the head with would probably satisfy the aforementioned purposes, even if it boils down to pinning down zombies with a drill/soil scoop and slowly squishing them before moving on to the next.

Oh you’d totally smash some shit up, I’m just pointing out their primary flaw. If something gets inside your reach (like one of those pesky leap attackers) you might have a bad time, though of course you can have some countermeasures waiting for them too, that’s all part of the fun.

Well, the only thing really limiting giant mechs right now is power, also usefulness. Cataclysm’s time obviously solved that problem - look at power armor, nuclear cars, and suchlike. Why not mechs too?

It could be a bit like boats.

What would be cool is with and incessantly high fabrication and mechanical skill to be able to make power armor frames and take power armors in the world and break it down like the clothing in the game and make it so you can make crude armor for the frame but you need the frame to use the armor in the first place

this is in. check this

Yea but what about making that armor then adding all the servos back

What? You can already do that.

No you can’t

Last I checked, you can strip down power armor to make it easier to wear unpowered (in exchange for also losing the benefits given), but you can’t take salvaged power armor and convert it back into a working suit.

Ah, I guess not. But why would you want to? You already had the armor to begin with and then you destroyed it.

A lack of UPS is the only reason I can think of. Unless you can wear a backpack with salvaged power armor, which would provide another benefit.