Items in vehicles... (DISCUSSION)

So while raiding a town recently I came across several cube vans, all empty, and a thought occurred to me:

They’re all fucking empty, everything is. Sure, you occasionally come across a cop-car with some shotgun ammo and so on. Sure you sometimes find some drugs in a hippie van, but you never find so much as an empty pallet in a trailer, or boxes of supplies in cube vans.

Would it break the game to have a chance of a handful of items spawning in a truck? Things like hardware store shipments, grocery store shipments… The works.

That’d be great!

PR it and we’ll totally merge it.

Yea, this kind of thing is very desirable, but a lot of us get bogged down with other parts of the code and don’t have time to do some of the detail work.

The fantastic part of this is it’s simple enough for me to do, mostly. A “Bug” I can see already is hardware store stuff spawning in one tile and grocery store stuff in another.

To my knowledge, at least at Acme they don’t ship those kinds of things together on the same truck. Hell, we don’t even get all of our groceries on the same truck.

So provided I can prevent from getting distracted if all is well, I think I can do it.

The fantastic part of this is it’s simple enough for me to do, mostly. A “Bug” I can see already is hardware store stuff spawning in one tile and grocery store stuff in another.

To my knowledge, at least at Acme they don’t ship those kinds of things together on the same truck. Hell, we don’t even get all of our groceries on the same truck.

So provided I can prevent from getting distracted if all is well, I think I can do it.[/quote]

Kick ass. :slight_smile:

Totally support this idea. I would love this!