Is there any way to smash concrete floors?

I’ve found a nice spot for a base in a power substation, with a river not too far away and a town on the other side. Everything is perfect, assuming that zombies can’t break down the fence - which I am, again, assuming they won’t, save for a hulk knocking on my front door. However, I found a nice bunch of definitely-not-cannabis seeds and I would love nothing more than to plant some where the useless power equipment is. However, I’m unsure how to destroy the concrete flooring in the substation as well.

Will a jackhammer do it? Sledgehammer? What button to attack ground? If you will help me I will name my canna-err, tomato plants after you.

Thanks!

Pick ax, jackhammer, or jacqueshammer.

Thanks man!

np

I’m naming this motherfucking garden after you, you helpful badass you.

Name it after my avatar, Angelus :slight_smile:

Sure m8, I always thought Angel was a good show anyway.

Sure m8, I always thought Angel was a good show anyway.[/quote]It was bitchin’ alright, wish they’d done a sequel movie, I would’ve liked to have seen Angel fight a dragon.

Sure m8, I always thought Angel was a good show anyway.[/quote]It was bitchin’ alright, wish they’d done a sequel movie, I would’ve liked to have seen Angel fight a dragon.[/quote]

Who wouldn’t?

Got a woodaxe, fell a tree right onto the pavement. Got around 80 rocks.
This was 0.9, if my mind isn’t mislead by a spell of some sort.

:wink:

Zombies can break down fences.

Oh no. I’ve never seen them do it, but I’ve seen them all go against in trying to get to me. Does it just take a long time?

A little less than thirty minutes.

depends how strong the z trying is… zombie children will take ages. also : afaik if a zombie cannot break down a certain obsticle it will not hit it… so if they are bangin against the fence that means they ll probably eventually break it down.

The substation fences seem to be tougher for some reason… in all the times I’ve raided them the shockers and z-technicians inside have never been able to bring the fence down, even after hours of waiting out of curiosity. Shockers don’t shoot electricity through them, either.

And that’s how I plinked a shocker brute to death with a nail rifle that one time.

Note that in order to break down a fence the zombies have to be within your reality bubble to make any progress.

depends how strong the z trying is… zombie children will take ages. also : afaik if a zombie cannot break down a certain obsticle it will not hit it… so if they are bangin against the fence that means they ll probably eventually break it down.[/quote]

They don’t hit it at all, they just stand there.

depends how strong the z trying is… zombie children will take ages. also : afaik if a zombie cannot break down a certain obsticle it will not hit it… so if they are bangin against the fence that means they ll probably eventually break it down.[/quote]

They don’t hit it at all, they just stand there.[/quote]

I have noticed this in earlier versions, however in the most recent experimental they can and will break down that fence.

Oh shit, thanks. I’m scared to update now.

6 years later … this is no longer an option? Jackhammer cannot make a hole in concrete floor?

How am I supposed to dig downstair to make a small basement in my garage? Edit the savegame json to turn a tile into dirt?

EDIT: the smash-halfbuilt-wall method still works at the expense of some nails and planks.

EDIT2: hehe, you get more material from smashing half-built walls than what was used to make them.