Is it just me?

Hey all

Am I the only one that thinks about cdda even when I’m not playing it.
I am sat here watching a film but my mind is on cdda thinking oohhh this would be cool to have or this would be amazing if this was implemented etc.

Cdda is the only game I’ve played that has given me so much fun I can do almost any thing he any thing it’s crazy.

Share your crazy wishes the ones u would love to see implemented I to this game mine are

Z levels (currently being worked on)

I would love to see once z levels work planes and helicopters ones we can make using the same vehicle construction 's reen how cool would that be.

CDDA needs more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iblrTcSWKE

Craftable fully automatic weapons, fully editable npcs, custom missions for said npcs, mining. The first and last two are more likely to be mods.

I think it’d be pretty awesome to make it easier to empty things. Like shopping carts, instead of having to go pick up, drop, pick up more, drop more, and so on, if there was some built in thing that emptied the shopping cart for you, kind of like mass dismantling, that’d be great.

[quote=“stk2008, post:1, topic:10881”]Am I the only one that thinks about cdda even when I’m not playing it.
I am sat here watching a film but my mind is on cdda thinking oohhh this would be cool to have or this would be amazing if this was implemented etc.[/quote]
Nope, welcome to my world for the past three years :smiley:
"Ooh, the way that bus is articulating gives me some ideas about how to handle towing in DDA."
“This store looks like a good place to make a stand against a zombie horde, I wonder if I can put it in the game?”
“These are nice pants, are those pockets vol 1 or vol 2?”
“I should pick up that lighter on the road, I might need it later.”
“I should add a morale bonus for a pet cat sleeping on you.”

Huehuehue. I’ve been playing the game a lot less lately but still frequenting the forums daily, and contributing on Github. Even though I’ve been winding down a bit, a little burnt out I guess, still just as prone to overthinking it.

As for the crazy wishes? Shiiiieeeelds. My medieval mod has them, but they’re hackish due to no support for how to handle offhand equipment. Though I’ve gotten far crazier, more hackish things through due to the leniency afforded mods relative to vanilla content, I can understand the desire to hold off on them until they can be implemented sanely.

Thought i would have a go and see how a plane would look using the tiles we have at the moment

I think it looks like a plane :slight_smile:

Hmmmm for planes to work though you would need to see the levels below but you cant there just blue?.
I am sure this was fixed

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:10881”][quote=“stk2008, post:1, topic:10881”]Am I the only one that thinks about cdda even when I’m not playing it.
I am sat here watching a film but my mind is on cdda thinking oohhh this would be cool to have or this would be amazing if this was implemented etc.[/quote]
Nope, welcome to my world for the past three years :smiley:
"Ooh, the way that bus is articulating gives me some ideas about how to handle towing in DDA."
“This store looks like a good place to make a stand against a zombie horde, I wonder if I can put it in the game?”
“These are nice pants, are those pockets vol 1 or vol 2?”
“I should pick up that lighter on the road, I might need it later.”
“I should add a morale bonus for a pet cat sleeping on you.”[/quote]

Hehehe.

[quote=“stk2008, post:8, topic:10881”]Hmmmm for planes to work though you would need to see the levels below but you cant there just blue?.
I am sure this was fixed

[/quote]

I believe the reason you can’t see below yet is because of visibility calculations. Although I, for one, wouldn’t mind just “projecting” one’s vision down the z-axis and make everything “below” visible as a temporary solution.

3C Vision is a thing Coolthulhu’s been working on, so…soooon. o3o

Cant wait for that as it will be epic :slight_smile:

So many awesome people do things for us CDDA comunity you lor are awesome :slight_smile:

I play the heck out of this game and even if I take a break for a while I think about it and come back. I’m playing Fallout 4 right now but I still make some time to hit my current CDDA game too.

The z-level thing isn’t a big deal to me since there’s so many structures and variety already.

I’m also not into air vehicles - would be fun - but as with MMORPGs - would be a way to shortcut and avoid danger too much. Part of the fun of the game (for me at least) is driving around to explore without destroying my vehicle.

I guess my biggest desire is more of the same. It’s nice when new buildings or variants, or items, or other content are added as it spices up the exploration when starting a new run.

When I first started playing (a couple months back, I’m relatively new to the game) I found it cool that even after playing for 40+ hours and looting obsessively that I’d still find items I’d never seen before (or find a location I’d never seen). Now playing experimental and updating it frequently I still get that once in a while as new stuff trickles in. The breadth of content in the game is one if the amazing things about it to me.

I think air vehicles could be more dangerous to use than land vehicles adding a whole new element of danger whice I think would be cool.

So i dont think having air vehicles would remove the dangers not just that for planes at least we would need a large area to land meaning ya will have to walk at least from the landing zone to a built up area to loot.

Just FYI, there are approximately 3,500 different items in the game, and 1,500 or so of them are craftable.

And my work on MShock Modded shall be never-ending I suspect. @w@

Kevin that is a lot of stuff .

I think thats one of the great things about CDDA all the cool stuff we get to play with :wink:

Sometimes. It really depends on whether or not I’ve been playing it recently. My mind wanders a lot so this is the case for most things. As for crazy wishes, I’m honestly looking forward to fully fleshed out NPCs more than anything else. The world feels sort of empty without other survivors. I mean, yeah, it’s possible to enable the NPCs and that’s what I normally do, but there are still a lot of ways they could be built upon. They’re pretty limited as it is. You can trade with them, they give quests and most of them seem to be a little too fond of fire. It would be really neat to have a gang of bikers raid your safe house or something. Think Dawn of the Dead.

Yeah I play with NPC`s now even though they can be a bit ummmmm stupid etc.

But tbh all in all there not to bad so will be interesting to see how they improve :).

Z levels is going to be amazeing if what we have at the moment is any thing to go by.
I love the current Z levels and I assume there just going to get better :).

I would love so much for cdda its unreal.

Towing of vehicles would be cool.

I would realy love for us to have flat bed trucks we can actualy drop ramps on and drive a small scout vehicle onto the back of then strap it down and off we go etc :O.

Advanced Inventory Manager can help you with that.