Inventory Menu Confusion

So I decided to come back to the game a day ago to check things out again, downloaded an experimental, and played it for a bit before having to save and close out. Everything normal and fine so far.

The problem came in when I started it back up again today. First thing I do is check my inventory, and I notice that instead of the classic two lines of items, one for equipment and one for the rest, it’s all in one, long, painful line on the left side. Now, it wasn’t that way when I was playing yesterday, so my question is: Did I accidentally press some obscure, undocumented keybind before closing out and if so what can I press to change it back, or is this legitimately some kind of bug? Image included below.

I can’t be sure it’s not just on my end, so here it goes in general discussion.

This is how it looks for me in the latest experimental:

Could it possibly be due to your window size? What are your terminal width and height set to? Are you using the tiles or console version?

It’s possible, but it was working fine yesterday. Terminal Width is 80, Terminal Height is 24. I’m on the console version.

Well, I have no idea why you’re playing on the minimum possible terminal size, but I won’t question it.

Using those same settings causes it to look like this for me on the latest experimental console version:

So yeah, not sure what’s going on. I can’t find any kind of menu options that look like they would cause something like this.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:4, topic:12592”]Well, I have no idea why you’re playing on the minimum possible terminal size, but I won’t question it.

Using those same settings causes it to look like this for me on the latest experimental console version:

So yeah, not sure what’s going on. I can’t find any kind of menu options that look like they would cause something like this.[/quote]
I’ve just been too lazy to change the defaults. They didn’t bother me.

However, the terminal size does seem to be part of the problem, since resizing it up makes the right part of the menu show up again. Since part of the menu disappearing only seems to happen under unknown conditions (works part of the time, stops showing up, at least for me, on reload), size probably isn’t the only problem. In that case this probably some kind of (very minor) bug.

Could possibly be related to this? https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/18535

Either way, I think it clear that this should probably be moved to the support forum.

[quote=“Solusphere, post:6, topic:12592”]Could possibly be related to this? https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/18535

Either way, I think it clear that this should probably be moved to the support forum.[/quote]
Not having flicker issues, but in my limited experiences with that kind of glitch they can often be connected, yeah.

Don’t think there’s any tool at my disposal to move a topic, so unless I’m missing something somewhere I’ll just sit tight for a mod after this.

I’m either really bored, really crazy, or really dedicated, because I’ve been trying to replicate this for nearly an hour and no combination of settings or mods works. My recommended solution would be to fish your save folder out of the cataclysm directory and paste it into a fresh install. If it persists then remove the save folder, start a new game and see what happens. If the menu is still borked after that then something is wrong with either the game or your GPU. If the menu starts working properly on a fresh save in a fresh install then the problem was a glitch in your save\world.

I did end up trying all of that, as well as reloading after saving under those conditions (which I thought was part of it before) and initially I couldn’t replicate it. However, I did finally end up getting the issue to crop up again, when I made and wore a makeshift sling, which is incidentally the last thing I did with the previous character before saving and quitting. This time, the inventory change happened during play. Dropping it doesn’t seem to change it back to normal at this point.