Internal furnace is silly

Hello!
What do you think about replacing internal furnace with external?
Maybe mountable item that will charge internal batteries when you burn something.
Internal storage is ok, internal toolset is hardly ok, but FURNACE!

If I want to smash six trees with a sledgehammer and eat the splintered remains, then that’s my deal. But yeah, it is a little silly.

We could also make two different furnaces, one that is internal and can only burn items up to a certain volume, and another one with nigh unlimited volume but some encumberance (on torso?), because it’s external.

I support this comment, or at least limiting the volume it can handle.

Honestly it’s pretty OP. Once I’ve got it, power is a non-issue.

When we get around to making a “Crazy Cataclysm” mod or option, IF is definitely going in there.
On the other hand I’m not interested in making a non-silly version, the very concept is ludicrous and broken, so in a silly mod is where it belongs. The only reason it’s not walled off as optional content in the first place is because it’s grandfathered in from original cataclysm.

I think it’s fine as-is. Cranial LEDs drain a good amount of power, and if you’re marching through a lab, you pretty much have to wolf down all the furniture and clothing if it is your only source of light.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:6, topic:7781”]When we get around to making a “Crazy Cataclysm” mod or option, IF is definitely going in there.
On the other hand I’m not interested in making a non-silly version, the very concept is ludicrous and broken, so in a silly mod is where it belongs. The only reason it’s not walled off as optional content in the first place is because it’s grandfathered in from original cataclysm.[/quote]

I did kinda giggle at the idea of my character wolfing down a few logs. So I guess it does fall into “silly”

I can agree. If we take out Internal Furnace, a lot of utility bionics are going to be a lot less useful. If we either limit the volume of the items you can eat or give some debuffs for eating planks of wood, Internal Furnace is going to be marginally more realistic.

This is not a legitimate goal :stuck_out_tongue:
The entire concept of eating flammable things in order to fuel sophisticated bionic modules is silly. If you want silly, you can turn on the silly mod.

Is the silly mod an actual mod now? What did you put in it from the game?

IF is very silly, I agree, but bionics are silly in general and that’s a Cata flavor thing. It’s been that way since Whales was developing it.

Anyway, this is a game where my current character is a punk rocker cyborg McGyver fighting a one-woman war against giant ants. The fact that she can eat trees to power her Scent Vision is not even the weirdest thing going on.

Having CBMs map on different bodyparts (just like with clothing) would be neat. You’d get more detail of how various tech stuff works.
Could also introduce incompatibilities. Always thought it as strange how you can just add and add and add without there really being any penalty. Your body’s gotta run out of space sometime, right?

Also, CBMs can take damage!
Maybe you could tweak your gadgets/implants so they take up less room or something. Penalty being a minus to your max HP or something.
Reinforce them to get moar armor and better durability.
And… and… and off-topic.

Ehrm…

nooooooooooooooooooooooo i want to have all of them

[quote=“Slax, post:13, topic:7781”]Having CBMs map on different bodyparts (just like with clothing) would be neat. You’d get more detail of how various tech stuff works.
Could also introduce incompatibilities. Always thought it as strange how you can just add and add and add without there really being any penalty. Your body’s gotta run out of space sometime, right?[/quote]
I like this one. Excessive CBMs could have a permanent negative effects in the form of semi-permanent (removable only with the good one) malfunctioning bionics, extra encumbrance and the like.
Would also put an end to this “stack 10kk energy, become a god” style of endgame.

[quote=“Slax, post:13, topic:7781”]Also, CBMs can take damage!
Reinforce them to get moar armor and better durability.[/quote]
I hate those. They sound tedious and grindy.