Intermediate Vehicle Building Tutorial

I’m all for realism, Aswell as pushing the boundaries :slight_smile:

an easy fix for this would be calculating the 'centre of balance" of the wheels then comparing it to the centre of mass.
would certainly cripple the whole aspect of having wheels near the centre of the vehicle.

asmuch as i’d hate to see this silly mechanic go i’d really love some more advanced functionality :slight_smile: steering/static wheels, 4x4(+?) wheel drives & etc

Why thank you, I’ve been meaning to get a cycling avatar though like Rivet and Phtalocy though, but I’ve lost the link for that utility. XP

/Zorbeltuss[/quote]
I’ve stumbled upon it randomly, here you go :slight_smile:
http://signavatar.com/

Sounds good with stricter vehicles to me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“joxer, post:21, topic:9806”]I’ve stumbled upon it randomly, here you go :slight_smile:
http://signavatar.com/[/quote]
Nice, there were problems for me though, won’t go in to it here, hopefully it’s fixable.

/Zorbeltuss

K friction? is this in the experimental?

I don’t play anything but the stables in games with frequent coding updates. It seems like 90% of the players that comment, here only play the experimental.

I usually run a high KMass in order to handle it well. This last game I had it down to 13% to try something, and I couldn’t hold it straight very long with an 9 in driving going 39mph, my safe was like 60. Nearly guaranteed to spin. A few slides later you hit anything and the gas tanks explode and you die. (even with the tanks in the exact center, if you slide @ all you will probably explode if you hit something).

Funny thing about explosions, gas doesn’t explode. So why are cars exploding? Is the tank ruptures there still needs to be a spark to cause it to explode. Whomever coded explosions so easily watches too many movies. If cars exploded that easily, people would never drive them.

So I think you want the Kmass higher. I never had this many skids when it was higher in my last vehicle. Part of it was that I didn’t find a V12 or 2 to put into the big vehicle.

[quote=“Kryxx, post:23, topic:9806”]K friction? is this in the experimental?

I don’t play anything but the stables in games with frequent coding updates. It seems like 90% of the players that comment, here only play the experimental.

I usually run a high KMass in order to handle it well. This last game I had it down to 13% to try something, and I couldn’t hold it straight very long with an 9 in driving going 39mph, my safe was like 60. Nearly guaranteed to spin. A few slides later you hit anything and the gas tanks explode and you die. (even with the tanks in the exact center, if you slide @ all you will probably explode if you hit something).

Funny thing about explosions, gas doesn’t explode. So why are cars exploding? Is the tank ruptures there still needs to be a spark to cause it to explode. Whomever coded explosions so easily watches too many movies. If cars exploded that easily, people would never drive them.

So I think you want the Kmass higher. I never had this many skids when it was higher in my last vehicle. Part of it was that I didn’t find a V12 or 2 to put into the big vehicle.[/quote]
I can’t say for sure with the K mass thing but yes K friction and K aerodynamics is a part of the experimentals K dynamics was a previous value though which they seem to have split from.
The reason most are playing experimentals is because usually experimentals are less buggy, save compatible so you can update during your game and it is almost always relevant to reporting bugs in them, usually is not always though so I definitely see the reason for staying with stables.

About the explosion of gas tanks if I understood correctly Kevin wants to remove that, but currently they are useful for development.

/Zorbeltuss