Infections?

I dunno what it is - maybe just bad luck - but since the new build, every single character I’ve made has gotten an infection before the first nightfall.

To make matters worse, pharmacies seem to be a lot rarer, and doctor’s offices don’t have antibiotics (unless they are locked in the safe room, which requires computers to get into).

It’s making it pretty hard to survive the first day unless you avoid contact with zombies, and it’s making survival overly contingent on spawning near a relatively rare and often dangerous to get to pharmacy. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, I got pretty unlucky with infections back in 0.4. They’re only supposed to be a 10% shot on each bite hit, but in the first few days, yeah, a “really deep” bite wound was a dealbreaker.

Doctors’ offices can have shitloads of antibiotics in their lockup; Computers 2/12 IN was enough to open one when I checked. Not a lot of time to read up, but probably enough.

Haha, I tried twice to open the safe in a doctor’s office with 2 computer (I like playing lab techs) and broke the console both times. Which usually happens more often when you’re way below the skill requirement. Also bad luck, I suspect.

It’s good to know there’s actually antibiotics inside though. I’ll keep it in mind in the future and make more of a point of getting inside.

You can cauterize with your pocket knife and matches, I typically do that after I get bitten.
All you gotta do is apply a knife in your inventory.

[quote=“wad67, post:4, topic:1284”]You can cauterize with your pocket knife and matches, I typically do that after I get bitten.
All you gotta do is apply a knife in your inventory.[/quote]

or just apply a first aid kit, it’s less painful :slight_smile:

But generally tougher to find. :frowning: