Infected wounds

i have never lived long enough to know what happens. are they a death sentence or just not alot of fun?

If you have no first aid and no antibiotics you eventually die, yes.

you could always caturize it before it gets infected.

You will most likely die because of several reasons, one may be sleep exhaustion … and lot of other fun stuff. As soon as it turns green it becomes interesting.

Deep Bite -> Death By Infection takes about 36 hours in-game. First Aid/Cauterize stops the wound from getting infected; Antibiotics stops the infection once it happens.

No idea what happens if you recover the HP before the infection hits. (Stuff like Rapid Healing, bandages, certain gear, etc.)

did not know you could burn the wound closed thanks for the tip fellow humans

The infection still keeps going.

The infection still keeps going.[/quote]

That’s screwed up. So, infection only really happens at the point of injury, rather than when an injury is actually left open. -1.

(Medical nanobots, etc ought to be able to clear up an infection, FWIW.)

Just douse your wounds in alcohol and light them on fire, that’ll keep them germs out.

That’s screwed up. So, infection only really happens at the point of injury, rather than when an injury is actually left open. -1.

(Medical nanobots, etc ought to be able to clear up an infection, FWIW.)[/quote]
Think of it like rabies, only undead.

Just douse it in vodka and leave it be and it will probably be fine.

(Medical nanobots, etc ought to be able to clear up an infection, FWIW.)[/quote]
Think of it like rabies, only undead.[/quote]

I think I’ll pass.

Yeah, one of the currently planned systems is to rework it so that each wound is tracked individually, with the chances of infection based on how it’s treated, what caused it, whether or not you cleaned the wound, etc. Sadly the day where said system is implemented is still a little bit far off (though hopefully not too far!).

How you cauterize a wound?

Metal + heat source. Soldering irons, hotplates, or matches/lighter+any_knife.

Did not knew. You saved my next dudes.

Sorry for resurrection, but this is a zombie apocalypse after all!

I’m confused about the infection. I’ve gotten a deep bite from a zombie, and my L Leg icon turned blue. I was in a mansion, so hoping to find necessary supplies I left it there. Now, it’s not blue anymore, I didn’t find any supplies and I can’t cauterize the wound with my trench knife… I assume this means that I’m infected and my only chance is finding antibiotics, correct?

So you basically need to cauterize or clean as soon as possible, ya?

Well, when you say not blue, did you do something to cure it, or has it hit the next stage? IME you usually get a half a days grace at least before things get worse, as well as multiple ‘swollen and painful’ warnings.

I saw it once that blue changed back to grey. Dont know why or how (didnt cauterize, no first aid, no antibiotics, no nothing) its just happens after like 3-4 in game hours and lucky electrician lived his life till winter when everything just went to hell with an active dynamite in pants…

It was reworked a long time back. Now infections and bite wounds have a chance of healing on their own, and cauterization can actually make things worse (similar to real-life cauterization).