Infected Arm, but full HP and cannot cure

I got a deep bite wound on my arm but it didn’t sustain much damage. I “Eat” a botte of disinfectant an apply it to the arm, but it doesn’t cure the infection but heals it too full health. Now I have a first aid kit, but cannot apply it to my arm because it has “full” hp despite being infected, and doesn’t appear as an option to apply first aid to.

Wat do? This seems silly.

[quote=“MoloMowChow, post:1, topic:5038”]I got a deep bite wound on my arm but it didn’t sustain much damage. I “Eat” a botte of disinfectant an apply it to the arm, but it doesn’t cure the infection but heals it too full health. Now I have a first aid kit, but cannot apply it to my arm because it has “full” hp despite being infected, and doesn’t appear as an option to apply first aid to.

Wat do? This seems silly.[/quote]

cauterize the wound, that’ll work.

Something i found the hard way (after having to almost get into the stage of royal jelly) you can actually apply first aid kits and disinfectent to parts which are full health,just choose their number in the menu (even if it does not appear)

You need to disinfect BEFORE you are infected, while it’s still just a bite wound. You need antibiotics.

There are two stages of infection:

Blue Text on the body part means it’s bitten, and will become infected if not treated quickly. This is the stage where disinfectant, cauterizing, and first aid kits will cure it.

Dark Green Text means the infection has gotten worse and the above methods WILL NOT work. The only way to cure an infection at this stage is by taking Antibiotics or Royal Jelly. Try raiding pharmacies for antibiotics before the infection gets too bad, as it will kill you eventually, and won’t go away on its own.

Some important notes:

1. Cauterization is a gamble. It has a chance of healing bites, but it also has a chance of pushing you farther towards infection. IIRC it’s a 50/50 at the moment, and two failed cauterizations will result in an infection.
  2. Bite wounds and infections can heal on their own. The chance is kinda low and something like 2/3rds of the times when you do heal will happen during the bite phase, but it can happen.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:6, topic:5038”]Some important notes:

1. Cauterization is a gamble. It has a chance of healing bites, but it also has a chance of pushing you farther towards infection. IIRC it’s a 50/50 at the moment, and two failed cauterizations will result in an infection.[/quote]

Really ? u’r sure at 100% ?
i’v played a lot of version from 0.7 to now, and i’v ALWAYS used cauterization and NEVER get infected Oo (and because i use melee a lot, almost all my char reach quickly 7/8 dodge)
I know that sometime it doesn’t work on first try, but that’s all.

I know because I’m the one of rewrote it. :stuck_out_tongue: (Real life cauterization is a horrible thing, and like triples your chance of becoming infected, 50% seemed like a good halfway step at the time, though it may be changed eventually if we get some easier ways to deal with bites.)

Isnt cauterization in real life supposed to stop bleeding? Or…am I thinking of something else.
[me=AerialK7]hides[/me]

It stops the bleeding and closes the wound by burning it till its well done. Burns of any sort can be infected since the top layer of skin (which protects us from virus douche-bags) and leaving us unprotected and dehydrated if the burn is extremely bad.

But presumably if you had clean bandages you could apply them on top of the fresh burn to hopefully avoid it becoming infected. Whereas bandaging a bite won’t help because the microbes have already been pushed deep into the tissue.

when i was a kid i was a hardcore emerald miner so i had to have my nose cauterized several times with VERY HOT pepper. Jesus Fucking Christ guys, why did you have to bring those memories back? :frowning:

wat.

yeah, you can use cayenne pepper to cauterize a would. when it’s really cold you can also put it inside your boots(but OUTSIDE!!! your socks) to keep you warm. if it gets on your skin it can leave burns.

Cauterization = using heat to sear your skin shut.

Cayenne pepper does have hemostatic properties though, they use on stomach ulcers- just mix cayenne pepper and water into a thick sludge, and convince the patient to drink it.

I’ve never heard about using it on your feet, though, is that to increase circulation? When hiking in the winter, I have warm feet right up until I stop moving, and they don’t get warm again until I change socks and crawl into my sleeping bag, so thats interesting to me. How cold is really cold? 20F? 0F? -40F?

You seem to have confused spicy-taste-hot with thermal-hot.

Lol

Not really, cayenne pepper causes irritation and inflammation (swelling with blood). It also causes inflammation in wounds that causes them to close faster.

[quote=“keldoclock, post:15, topic:5038”]I’ve never heard about using it on your feet, though, is that to increase circulation? When hiking in the winter, I have warm feet right up until I stop moving, and they don’t get warm again until I change socks and crawl into my sleeping bag, so thats interesting to me. How cold is really cold? 20F? 0F? -40F?[/quote]i’m not sure how exactly it keeps you warm or how cold it keeps you warm at. i’ve never used it myself because it never gets cold enough around here to use it. but i’ve heard anecdotes of people in weather as cold as 0 F using their sleeping bag as a floor mat and sleeping in a t-shirt. could be exaggerated, idk.

Putting pepper into your clothes would certainly make you feel warm (pepper triggers the same receptors as heat/pain do) but it wouldn’t actually make you warmer. So for example if it was cold enough you would still get frostbite, it’s just that you wouldn’t feel yourself getting it until your toes started to fall off.

As for pepper cauterization, it doesn’t exist. Pepper chemicals are used medically for things like pain treatment and certain creams (including several nasal conditions) but it’s not cauterization. The only things cauterization is used for today under normal conditions is the treatment of people who have blood vessels very close to the surface in their nose, which result in very frequent and strong nosebleeds.