Indoor Lighting Crop Farm

Hello again fellow DDA players, I tried looking around the forum and could not find a topic on this, also could not find any horticulture bulbs in game, I am a huge fan of making enormous walled in farms.

So, can you grow crops indoors with any lighting? can you grow crops indoors with no lighting?

I also recommend implementing (Different?) Horticulture bulbs

As anyone whos grown indoors is familiar with, you need a certain amount of lumens to properly light a room, and your also going to need proper wattage for the most efficient plant growth.

Now we don’t have to go crazy with lumens, we can just use wattage for our est. coverage. but the wattage itself can also be used to accelerate plant growth while also chewing up more energy

Most common indoor lighting watts 250 400 600 1000

(Complex) If we want to make it hardcore real life, Add different spectrums to the bulbs, for instance, blue spectrum would help cannabis plants grow quickly in early life

There has been a similar thread on building hydroponics trays, but not exactly similar.
On the subject of this thread, I’d defintely like to see something like this ingame. Maybe paired with functional pickaxes and I can finally build my one person mountainhome (and have an actual use for the troglobite trait) accompanied with the shrine to Armok.

Unless it’s been changed, no, you can only grow crops outdoors.

Already have them. They’ve been functional for a month or so - thanks, KA101!

Welp, I’ll be right back, going to loot every mine in a 30 mile radius.

just remember to get a rope to dig down a level, build halls that even Armok would admire! fill it with blood and other stuff, maybe some zombears… who knows :P…

i need to change my sig now, don’t I?

[quote=“Keyreper, post:5, topic:6022”]just remember to get a rope to dig down a level, build halls that even Armok would admire! fill it with blood and other stuff, maybe some zombears… who knows :P…

i need to change my sig now, don’t I?[/quote]

Lateral-dig pickaxes PR’d on 24 Dec; Kevin merged 'em the next day. Vertical digging was a major project back in March and required Kevin’s coordinate-understanding to get the maps to save properly. (You’ll need a J-Hammer & gasoline, rather than a pickaxe, to go below z-1.)

Z-level digging is a significant undertaking though, so check the construction menu and Plan.

Technically you can grow plants inside. Plants will grow in any mound of dirt, regardless of the surrounding tiles.

However, getting soil inside your building is impossible unless you start designing your own base with that in mind.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:7, topic:6022”]Technically you can grow plants inside. Plants will grow in any mound of dirt, regardless of the surrounding tiles.

However, getting soil inside your building is impossible unless you start designing your own base with that in mind.[/quote]

I can build a base around soil, but will the crops grow in complete darkness? ive found mansions with indoor grow rooms but they have windows so light can get in

I can plant the seeds, given enough time its likely that they will sprout, it don’t think plants care about light at all.

Well I guess my huge underground Cannabis Industrial Hemp grow op will progress light or not

Time for some flowers er stalks :slight_smile:

Quick idea: Cultivate mushroom underground.

How bout, mushrooms only grow during the night or when its dark

Fungiculture.

Yes pls.