I Need Yo' Mod Ideas!

THIS so much this

[quote=“StopSignal, post:20, topic:4112”]-Star Wars. Please. Star wars. I want to be in Tatooine killing jawas and being followed by mercenaries of the Hutt Cartel.[/quote]This also seems rather interesting. I’d support it if somebody would take the time to make it; I’m basically at Modding CataDDA: 0 (0%)

Make the game set in Britain, so you can have tea kettles and tea. Also you can have proportionally more acid rain per day!

Turok Mod all the way. Giant jungles, mountains, military outposts loaded with baddies, dinosaurs ripping of your flesh. and still cities filled with zombies. And while we are at it how bout a resident evil sort of mod too?

Quality and purity system for drugs. I made one in my old mod. It was different comestibles, with varying health variables. But I’m sure a coder could expand the concept.

Clayton, as you’re always saying Cataclysm should be harder/more realistic/more survival based (which I agree with) why not start with that?

Or, why not put a lot of attention into Classic Zombie mode?

I get that crazy spaceship/alien/whatever mods are cool, but there’s so much to do with regular DDA which has a lot better chance of getting off the ground (and is a lot less work).

If I were to work on a hardcore mod, I feel like no one would play it and that would be very demoralizing haha.

I think my idea of ‘hardcore’ would turn away a lot of people trying it out.

[quote=“Clayton, post:27, topic:4112”]If I were to work on a hardcore mod, I feel like no one would play it and that would be very demoralizing haha.

I think my idea of ‘hardcore’ would turn away a lot of people trying it out.[/quote]

I want a hardcore mod in wich you could be dead in 2 bullet shots. And start bleeding easily. Take that for reference >:D

Take the frail and/or glass jaw traits.

Take the frail and/or glass jaw traits.[/quote]

Glass Jaw isn’t terribly dangerous; I took it all the time when I played. Frail is. :wink:

Take the frail and/or glass jaw traits.[/quote]

Uh…you still wouldn’t die in two shots.

Bullet shots are consirerably nerfed. Killing an NPC needed like 20 bullets.

[spoiler]http://youtu.be/EXXiWgw9K9k?t=11s

Remembered me of that.

OH WAIT: I now see that the video does not show when the robot gets up and walks out. DAMMIT.[/spoiler]

[quote=“Clayton, post:27, topic:4112”]If I were to work on a hardcore mod, I feel like no one would play it and that would be very demoralizing haha.

I think my idea of ‘hardcore’ would turn away a lot of people trying it out.[/quote]

Its all about hardcore mode. The simplicity is right there ‘mode’. I usually play with frail on. More realism is good.

Cyberpunk universe.

a thread i started on json-ing in more goodies.
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Frail isn’t hardcore when you can heal yourself almost to full health, if not fully, with a couple bandages.

Yeah, unless you go ridiculous with the spawn rate, city size and take an over load of negative traits it’s just not difficult - I know everyone has different skill levels and stuff, but compared to any other serious RL (like DCSS, Hack, Band) its incredibly easy.

I think A LOT of people would really, really appreciate a hardcore mode - certainly everyone I know who plays it would. I’m sure if it was good enough it could get merged in as well, much like the classic zombies mod did. This could then be an option for people, so the main branch stuff could still get added too it (and there could be all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff in the main) but there would be a hardcore RL mode for those that wanted it.

I’d say to start off with classic zombies and double their strength and resilience and take out all super/OP weapons and automatic weapons. Then I’d weaken cars a lot (so a few zombie hits would wreck them) and then make first aid/bandages work slowly over time instead of instantly. Combine those with a locked down item spawn rate and a slightly higher zombie spawn rate and you’d have something I’d play to death.

(I know I should just do this myself, but I really don’t have time - if I ever do, I certainly will)

[quote=“Binky, post:36, topic:4112”]Yeah, unless you go ridiculous with the spawn rate, city size and take an over load of negative traits it’s just not difficult - I know everyone has different skill levels and stuff, but compared to any other serious RL (like DCSS, Hack, Band) its incredibly easy.

I think A LOT of people would really, really appreciate a hardcore mode - certainly everyone I know who plays it would. I’m sure if it was good enough it could get merged in as well, much like the classic zombies mod did. This could then be an option for people, so the main branch stuff could still get added too it (and there could be all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff in the main) but there would be a hardcore RL mode for those that wanted it.

I’d say to start off with classic zombies and double their strength and resilience and take out all super/OP weapons and automatic weapons. Then I’d weaken cars a lot (so a few zombie hits would wreck them) and then make first aid/bandages work slowly over time instead of instantly. Combine those with a locked down item spawn rate and a slightly higher zombie spawn rate and you’d have something I’d play to death.

(I know I should just do this myself, but I really don’t have time - if I ever do, I certainly will)[/quote]
There are a lot of people talking about this right now, and I know that I would appreciate a hardcore mode as well, but I think the main issue is that we don’t have enough devs with enough time - right now just getting the basics of the game (NPCs, Z-levels, etc) and fulfilling the kickstarter is the main focus, and because people are making so much new content the game will be unbalanced for a while. But once most things are working as they should there’ll probably be significant rebalancing.

Definitely, I certainly don’t think that it’s the devs fault or that it’s intentional or anything - balancing takes ages and there’s nothing to show for it really. However, I do think that the current slide towards it getting easier and easier is putting a lot of people off, especially as a good deal (most in fact) of the people interested are probably coming from other RLs where most of the draw is the difficulty.

I feel that a mod like this would get those people who want a challenge back on side, rather than them losing interest in the project completely.

I’m all for starting a hardcore mod; I would have a lot of fun working on it. I just feel like I would be fighting a losing battle with all the updates.

Especially since for everyone 1 weapon I balance or change, someone is just going to add 20 more OP ones in the next stable release.