I need help with combat I'm getting killed

This is accurate if you’re playing 0.5, if you switch to nightlies, sticking has been adjusted such that sticking is based on the kind of weapon ( slicing < chopping < stabbing < improvised* ), and the ratio of cutting/bashing damage, and is counteraced by the appropriate skill.

Also there was a bug where the sticking penalty was being applied twice.

*Improvised include shovels and other “not intended for use as weapons” items, but not e.g. the “improvised machete”.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:21, topic:1795”]This is accurate if you’re playing 0.5, if you switch to nightlies, sticking has been adjusted such that sticking is based on the kind of weapon ( slicing < chopping < stabbing < improvised* ), and the ratio of cutting/bashing damage, and is counteraced by the appropriate skill.

Also there was a bug where the sticking penalty was being applied twice.

*Improvised include shovels and other “not intended for use as weapons” items, but not e.g. the “improvised machete”.[/quote]

On the current nightly build, with STR 8 and 4-5 skill in Melee & Cutting Weapons, I can count on my broadsword being stuck in a Zombie and yanked out of my hand on about every 4th hit.

How do I take part in the nightly builds cause I can’t find any where to download or sign-up.

GitHub - CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA: Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead. A turn-based survival game set in a post-apocalyptic world. this is the official page for the nightly build you can straight away download everyday the updates or you can compile the nightly version by following the steps provided and have a clone of it which allows easier updates.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1063.0
also forum thread about it.

If you don’t want to mess around with the whole git thing and you are on windows, you can download the current dev versions from the main page download links (listed as “Experimental”, should update within a few minutes of any new updates to the dev version). You will need to redownload it every time you want to update though, which is a little more work then updating through git.

[quote=“darth_servo, post:22, topic:1795”]
On the current nightly build, with STR 8 and 4-5 skill in Melee & Cutting Weapons, I can count on my broadsword being stuck in a Zombie and yanked out of my hand on about every 4th hit.[/quote]

8 ST? There’s your problem. You’ll generally want 10-11 ST to reliably pull the weapon out. Sorry about that.

I think I’ll just stick with .5 until .6 comes out because I went to the site and it’s still .5 (for the SDL version).

[quote=“KA101, post:26, topic:1795”][quote=“darth_servo, post:22, topic:1795”]
On the current nightly build, with STR 8 and 4-5 skill in Melee & Cutting Weapons, I can count on my broadsword being stuck in a Zombie and yanked out of my hand on about every 4th hit.[/quote]

8 ST? There’s your problem. You’ll generally want 10-11 ST to reliably pull the weapon out. Sorry about that.[/quote]

I deal with it. I just make sure I grab the sword off the ground before the next wave of Zs gets to me. :slight_smile:

Version number stays the same until we release a new version. :stuck_out_tongue: Though at this point it won’t be too big of a difference, considering .6 is just around the corner.