I made a Waterworld mod!

Have you ever wanted to just travel around an archipelago in your boat, relive the castaway experience, or just challenge yourself on a small island? Have you ever found the lakes and rivers of Cataclysm too small for your liking, as you craved the open breeze of water and spray on your (simulated) face?

Well, this is the mod for you!

Waterworld converts the world of Cataclysm into a giant ocean (albeit a freshwater one). It is scattered with aquatic locations ranging from island to aircraft carriers, and is sure to be a good challenge to more experienced players, or a fun jaunt for newer ones.

Have fun!

Download here.

6 Likes

Have you ever wanted to just travel around an archipelago in your boat, […] craved the open breeze of water and spray on your (simulated) face?

YES!!! YES!!! I whip my head back and forth, slobber and foam flying everywhere.

Just finished downloading. Gonna play this later today. Will edit this post once accomplished. I’m so excited!

EDIT:
Excellent. This mod is a lot of fun and a stimulating challenge. Scavenging from the mainland is no longer an option, wood is now a limited resource, and the vastness of the space between islands is so variable and RNGlicious.

I appreciate the additions and edits to character creation. This whole thing seems like so much more than just a simple slapdash mapgen edit. Good work!

2 Likes

lmfao💀

This seems really cool, trying it later too.

A new update has released, fixing some errors and introducing new locations.

3 Likes

Why has it taken me so long to come around to attaching a sail to a small boat, Ive been charging batteries for weeks using wind power and the only solar panel in the world (I think)