I fell in a hole

So I was on my third day of survival, I did some raids, got some pretty good gear and was about to move to a different town as supplies dwindled, when suddenly my character falls into a sinkhole, there was no sign of any exit and nothing other than the one single empty room that I fell into. Is there a way to get out of this(since my character has some good items on him I’d really rather not waste him) or should I punch they keyboard and start again?

Wish to be teleported a block over in the debug menu? Otherwise PUNCH THOU KEYBOARD

By good gear do you mean a thirty ft rope? If not, all is not lost… any dynamite? Maybe your “room” connects to the sewers or subways tunnels. If there is a spot available on your map showing how to go up, use your explosives in that direction and hope you are close enough.

Also, if you have a jackhammer and some gas you might make it. But I’ve never had any of these when I fell in a sinkhole, but who knows.

Good Luck!

Try pressing the button to go up. If that fails, you’re screwed. Nothing you can do.

Sinkholes are one of the most dangerous things in the game. Dont go walking in swamps yo.

If you arent willing to cheat, you are dead.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:5, topic:4500”]Sinkholes are one of the most dangerous things in the game. Dont go walking in swamps yo.

If you arent willing to cheat, you are dead.[/quote]

Do spider webs still have holes in them occasionally? Or have I been smashing every single web tile away for nothing? I remember that screwed a good character over more than a few times back in the days of whales.

[quote=“Taraq, post:6, topic:4500”][quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:5, topic:4500”]Sinkholes are one of the most dangerous things in the game. Dont go walking in swamps yo.

Do spider webs still have holes in them occasionally? Or have I been smashing every single web tile away for nothing? I remember that screwed a good character over more than a few times back in the days of whales.[/quote]

Spiderweb holes should drop you to a Spider Lair. Those have the trapdoor spider, usually some worthwhile loot, and an upslope.

[quote=“KA101, post:7, topic:4500”][quote=“Taraq, post:6, topic:4500”][quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:5, topic:4500”]Sinkholes are one of the most dangerous things in the game. Dont go walking in swamps yo.

Do spider webs still have holes in them occasionally? Or have I been smashing every single web tile away for nothing? I remember that screwed a good character over more than a few times back in the days of whales.[/quote]

Spiderweb holes should drop you to a Spider Lair. Those have the trapdoor spider, usually some worthwhile loot, and an upslope.[/quote]

Ah. I remember falling into holes when there was effectively no way out and they were all 1x1 little deathtraps…

Sometimes you drop onto a piece of furniture and then it blocks the stairs symbol, try "G"rabbing and moving it.

Otherwise just use the debug menu and teleport yourself to a known underground location or something. It’s there for such occasions too.

I know ive fallen in spider holes that have no way out, but that was many, many versions ago. I basically just never walk on swamps or spiders webs ever.

Its a bit like finding a slime pit as a early days char. Nope, going another way.

LOL seeing the title of your thread got the damn song stuck in my head:

there was a hole, 'twas in the ground,
the prettiest little hole, that you ever did see.
and the hole in the ground and the green grass grew all around all around
and the green grass grew all around.

and in that hole, there was a tree,
the prettiest little tree, that you ever did see.
and the tree in the hole and the hole in the ground and the green grass grew all around all around

and on the tree, there was a branch,
the prettiest little branch, that you ever did see.
and the branch on the tree and the tree in the hole and the hole in the ground and the green grass grew all around all around

and on the branch, there was a stick,
the prettiest little stick, that you ever did see.
and the stick on the branch and the branch on the tree and the tree in the hole and the hole in the ground and the green grass grew all around all around
and the green grass grew all around… etc…

these types of pits used to only exist in webs. when were they added?

i dont like these ‘randomly we will kill you and there is nothing you can do about it’ features. this is fairly annoying. the underground map is very bad since we dont have z-levels. so just looking around is a pain.

i would use debug and cheat to get out. this is more annoying then its worth.

Sinkholes are swamp traps, they’ve been around for as long as I’ve been playing. Don’t like them? Stay out of swamps :wink: Or carry rope with you, always.