Hurting self while try to smash some objects and building?

I just thinking about this, because some objects and building such like window, toilet, or metel stuff it has a sharp part if it was get smashed

but someone just dosn’t hurting themselves if try break the window and smash those sharp stuff with bare fist and feet?

and zombie does the same, how could them break the vehicle without hurting the hand?

I mean, vehicle was build by metel, right? shouldn’t those metel will get distortion if it take too much blunt force?

if someone can make this system, we mabye can even build a anti-smash part on the vehicle, like put some nail or sharp stuff on the armored plate or something?

There is already the spiked armor plating. It increases damage when you hit something with your vehicle. I don’t know about buildings tho, maybe there is a trap for it.

I think what he meant to say was that you can smash furniture and vehicles with your bare hands without any pain or damage, and that this should be changed.

Does armor play a factor?

Does armor play a factor?[/quote]

It doesn’t look like it. After taking off my character’s armored gauntlets and unequipping his rapier, I proceeded to smash apart nine counters in a row. No pain or damage was taken.

Hope someone make this system soon, is about reality, you know that.

It has been my understanding that (s)mashing functioned differently in-game than attacking, and therefore unarmed character would instead kick/shoulder charge the item/terrain feature you instruct them to smash instead of simply punching it. When a weapon or item is equipped in the hands that has a higher damage output then kicking or shoulder charging, the character would instead use that item to melee for the smash.

While characters can currently cut themselves when moving through a broken glass window without armor, I would also like to see a feature implemented that caused glass items to spray dangerous glass shards when smashed, and the character could take some minor damage from this when smashing things such as windows and display cases, but I don’t think characters should take damage from smashing other items of different material that do not have a chance to spray at them, because it’s unlikely that your character would opt to simply punch a door until it breaks when they could instead kick it down.

I suppose if someone really wanted to put in the time, you could make it so that your character took damage to the legs when (s)mashing an item of whatever material without wearing shoes or foot armor on, but someone would need to really want to see this implemented to work on it.

Yeah, smash is more of a generic “try to take that thing apart” action than a specific “punch this with your hands” one. For example if someone told me in real life to smash a chair, I’d probably be using a combination of hitting, pulling, bending, and kicking to take the thing apart, I wouldn’t just punch it to pieces.

But this dosn’t work out on zombies? right? I mean if we do make a anti-smash part on the vehicle, those zombies definitely hurting self when they body get through the spike plate, right?

Right, zombies aren’t exactly thinking things through, so they do just smash away and get hurt. On the other hand, when smashings not specifically designed to hurt them we just say they’re tough enough to handle it :slight_smile:

Self-hurting zeds could be cool, but it would also be cool if they could regenerate it without dying first.

Yea, I’ve been thinking of giving zombies really slow regen.

Zombies on rollerskates should be falling everywhere, and if they lack a helmet, every fall has a chance to crack open their skull, killing them. That would be funny as hell, especially if they fall on another zombie, and they both break their skulls on concrete.