How to stay cool?

Hey all, so this is the first time I’ve made it to summer and so far it’s miserable! My guy is always warm-Very hot! and nothing I do will cool him off. I’ve tried drinking water, going for a swim, standing in the rain, taking off all my clothes, nothing seems to help :c So since I’m hot my morale is very low and all my stats are in the pooper, and I can’t sleep cause I wake up every 30 minutes… how do I cool my guy off?

Also this does’t make sense cause I’'m cold-blooded but even though I’m warm I still get the negative for slow speed as if i’m cold… is this a bug?

“cool” is a state of mind :stuck_out_tongue:

so stop trying, just be cool :smiley:

Wear a trenchcoat, suit, and sunglasses. Carry a katana and a 44. magnum.

It takes some time to cool off, keep your shit off for a while. Maybe try going nudist?

Also, it seems everyone but me is trolling in this thread… What is this madness?

[quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:1676”]It takes some time to cool off, keep your shit off for a while. Maybe try going nudist?

Also, it seems everyone but me is trolling in this thread… What is this madness?[/quote]

The only thing I’m wearing is my backpacks and i’m still very hot… it’s fairly annoying cause there seems to be no way to cool off :confused:

Torso encumbrance is the worst for overheating, take off your backpacks and you will live.

Are you sure that there is no houses burning right next to you or maybe a lava pit somewhere , it’s possible that you might be on fire as well.

Nothing like that, no encumbrance, besides my tentacle arms. Not on fire, no items whatsoever, and my heat says it’s at 0 but all the )'s are yellow and red as if I were warm… not on fire, no lava, nothing.

well , you might as well just be special. there is nothing bad about being a bit different , as long as other NPC’s want to be your friends.

Now put your clothes back on and pretend that nothing has ever happened.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:9, topic:1676”]well , you might as well just be special. there is nothing bad about being a bit different , as long as other NPC’s want to be your friends.

Now put your clothes back on and pretend that nothing has ever happened.[/quote]

Haha I’m now too different, I’m so heavily mutated and irradiated it wont stop! I have a list of mutations so long it’s ridiculous, and I get a new one like ever hour… I don’t know what it means to be human any longer…

Radiation actually does make you feel hot.

That may be it, my radiation level is usually above 350, and it never goes down

Sounds like you’re pretty… rad. Better start chomping down iodine tablets like crazy or you’re screwed.
Purifier is probably a good idea too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I just had some, still didn’t help :confused:

my mutations:

It’s kinda crazy imo

You have the carnivore mutation , you wont survive for long if you wont find purifier.

I noticed that haha, but then my mutations got a lot worse and luckily I lost that mutation, but my guy is so messed up I don’t think I can go on, in 1 day I gained another like 10 mutations, and I have only ever found 1 bottle of purifier. I think it’s time to start over :smiley:

Can’t you run over a spider, or a bear every once in a while?

Carnivore isn’t that bad, I’ve had plenty of characters survive with it (since most of your diet would have been meat anyways). Now vegetarian, that’s much more challenging since the only reliable and endless source of vegetarian foods is to live near a Triffid grove or fungal bloom, both of which are not exactly the safest spots to live in.

There needs to be a tree leaves mutation where you don’t eat but are very slow.

Vegetarian mutation would be nice if farming would get implemented.

oh wait , vegetarian mutation probably would allow you to eat grass , leaves and all that plant goodness , because you would expect it to change your digestive system to be more acceptable on all type of plants not just plants that can move and fight back.