How to play as a sniper?

Dose any tutorial for the sniper?
I know i cant use a shotgun but how to pick a decent rifle?
How to Duck under bushes?

you canā€™t duck or hide behind anything as far as i know.
sniping is pretty situational from what i heard - useless in day to day encounters. Itā€™s more of a thing that you do out of necessity when you HAVE TO kill tankbots, chicken walkers, jabberwocks and other insane monsters.

Not sure as I donā€™t use guns that often but cant you use the ā€œpeekā€ command to shoot from cover?

MrQwerty is right, Thereā€™s no real way of playing a sniper

Unless you are willing to count doing this:

As sniping

[quote=ā€œJohn Candlebury, post:4, topic:11863ā€]MrQwerty is right, Thereā€™s no real way of playing a sniper

Unless you are willing to count doing this:

As sniping[/quote]
lol
so can i justā€¦not shot them so close?
i always take shotgun or rifle and just shot them like that

You can play a sniper, but the game doesnt really support long range weapons because of the size of the reality bubble. Also there is no real stealth mechanic, the closest we have is the light step trait. And as part of the way wander spawns are handled any loud noise attracts a horde directly to you.

Sticking to any skill set so specifically will usually screw you in situations where it doesnā€™t work, and there are lots of situations in this game where sniping is just not a good ideal. If you wanna play a sniper go for it, but be prepared to switch off sniper mode when it isnā€™t logical to try and snipe.

or can i just headshot the zombies without be attention?
which kind of rifle i should pick?
just try night riad gun stores until an accuracy one.

I Think the M2010 and the Barrett are the best for their respective calibres. Ideally you want something with zero or close to zero dispersion. And you also need a scope.

After raid.
I dont get any barrette or m2010
but there are some rifle i get.

1)Browning BLR (30-06)
sight dispersion:60 aim speed:6
Despersion:0+35=35

2)Remington 700 (30-06)
sight dispersion:60 aim speed:6
Despersion:5+35=40

3)M1A (.308)
sight dispersion:60 aim speed:8(why?)
Despersion:0+15=15

Dose recoil low the hit?
or i dont need to care about recoil?

One can hide in his car and snipe with turret.

1 Like

so if i get one.
it was much accurate to shot with a monuted heavy rifle?

Remington 700 is best for ā€˜snipingā€™ out of all of them.
Itā€™s the civilian version of the M24, which is basically a more souped up version.
Add a scope and have fun.

Ooh, man, lemme go find some of my old posts. One survivor I had was a godly riflewoman who can kill a tank drone - with the tank drone seeing my survivor but unable to reach my survivor on time before it got shot to death, and the same survivor managed to kill a thriller, and the hulks it spawned, while barely moving at all - a few steps back at most.

Skill wise, and due to the mods in the gun, the rifle she had can one-shot most zombies (or two-three shot hulks) and was not affected by recoil at all.

[quote=ā€œAzrad, post:13, topic:11863ā€]Ooh, man, lemme go find some of my old posts. One survivor I had was a godly riflewoman who can kill a tank drone - with the tank drone seeing my survivor but unable to reach my survivor on time before it got shot to death, and the same survivor managed to kill a thriller, and the hulks it spawned, while barely moving at all - a few steps back at most.

Skill wise, and due to the mods in the gun, the rifle she had can one-shot most zombies (or two-three shot hulks) and was not affected by recoil at all.[/quote]
What kind of rifle and mods she pick?
:o
remington 700 and a scope??

if you want to do guns better find some cheap alternative too, pneumatic assault rifle or bolt driver are good, save real guns and ammo on tought enemies
pneumatic assault rifle have cheap ammo (just smash rocks, sometimes you will find better ammo for it like marbles or bearings and they are good too) and pneumatic assault rifle while shoots more expensive bolts (wooden are cheap but better make steel) can be picked and fired again

for end-game sniping gun i prefer laser rifle, dirt-cheap ammo (ups, with ups cbm and metabolic interchange that cooked meat can fuel your gun) its silent and accurate with not bad damage

but anyway, before you get high enough marksmanship and rifle skill to snipe you probaly will be driving a large tank with multiple 120mm turrets made from scrath

[quote=ā€œmonocata, post:14, topic:11863ā€][quote=ā€œAzrad, post:13, topic:11863ā€]Ooh, man, lemme go find some of my old posts. One survivor I had was a godly riflewoman who can kill a tank drone - with the tank drone seeing my survivor but unable to reach my survivor on time before it got shot to death, and the same survivor managed to kill a thriller, and the hulks it spawned, while barely moving at all - a few steps back at most.

Skill wise, and due to the mods in the gun, the rifle she had can one-shot most zombies (or two-three shot hulks) and was not affected by recoil at all.[/quote]
What kind of rifle and mods she pick?
:o
remington 700 and a scope??[/quote]

Basically, the somewhat simple M27 IARā€¦ though with practically every mod added on it. Itā€™s got a very respectable ammo capacity, and .223 ammo is relatively common and a decent ammunition. If I want more power on it I would slap in the .308 conversion kit as that ammo type packs a lot more punch than .223 ammo.

And really, a lot of mods are required in order to ensure dispersion and recoil be kept low to the point of insignificance. Stuff like the gyroscopic stabilizer, match trigger, and sniper conversion kit are particularly rare since they canā€™t be crafted.

Also, I call the M27 IAR somewhat simple, at least in comparison to the heavier rifle types such as the Barrett and the Elephant Gun. Odd thing, those two are powerful as hell, but when you take into account the recoil and rarity of the ammo of those guns, .223 and .308 ammo are far more superior when you add in the mods. Hell, due to the lack of recoil problems the M27 modded to use .308 ammo can vaporize most zombies on impact.

High rifles and marksmanship skill did play a large role as well, in any case. Trained rifles via using the pneumatic assault and later on the laser rifle before moving up to gunpowder using rifles. Much later on the high skills in both categories gave amazing results when using the mountable hypervelocity driver - which killed anything and everything with relative ease.

Case in point: take a look at this carnage:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=19.msg264331#msg264331

Hereā€™s the aftermath of the thriller fight:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=19.msg262087#msg262087

And the effectiveness of a pneumatic assault rifle on skilled hands:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14.msg262244#msg262244

Personally, I use a heavily kitted out BAR. Powerful rounds, ok magazine capacity (I have 2 normal, one extended), and nearly no recoil with a muzzle brake. Excellent for mid to close range encounters, passable at long range. Takes less than 8 bullets to kill a hulk. Problem is, the bullets are really heavy and so is the gun, so Iā€™m hunting for a Rivtech superalloy gun (preferably scout sniper) which are pretty good in their own right, but have lots of small, lightweight ammution I can carry.

Oddly, I felt that the rivtech scout and battle rifles feel somewhat weaker than the usual stuff I get my survivor to carry around - though on the other hand rivtech ammo is less hard to craft since they donā€™t require casings nor gunpowder.

Also, the sniper conversion kit canā€™t be attached to the rivtech rifles, and since the godly riflewoman my survivor was had trigger happy, that was a minus for me.

In the end for that survivor, she took her rifles skills to good use by using a mounted hypervelocity driver. One-shot almost anything (hulks take two shots, smokers may have some trouble since they canā€™t be targeted normally) and almost everything it hits (aside from the hulk) is transformed into a red smear on the road.

Like seriously, at that point main tactic was to drive into the middle of a busy street and just take on everything and paint the road red. A little bit of foresight was required; such as making sure necromancers are taken care of first, hulks are kept as far as possible (since the hypervelocity shots explode and release shrapnel), and as for smokers itā€™s a matter of guessing where they are in the smoke. Itā€™s more or less a success since the aftermath has my survivor exploring the area with laughable resistance from surviving zombies.

'course, thereā€™s no looting corpses as most of the zeds are vaporized, and it takes less effort to destroy the items they carry than the corpses. Plus thereā€™s also the time it takes to craft steel rails for ammo.

I have a sawed off FAL that I slapped on all the recoil reducing mods on it. Fits on a survivorā€™s vest if I put the folding stock on it.

Grenade launchers are snipey, . . . rite?

Rocket launchers?