Good mid range character weapons

Hey guys, quick question i been wanting to make a sniper character for a while now, what rifles would yall suggest id rather it be a marksman rifle or sniper if that helps narrow it down.

The Elephant Gun, of course. It’s .70 caliber ammunition is guaranteed to kill everything.

So the main issue with ‘sniper’ is that the high range rifles, exceed view range. By a lot. One of them with some mods on it can do like 96 or so.

A silencer will drop that range some also.

Most of the others will be 36-40ish range.

To raise your rifle skill will take a bunch of ammo. I tend to use the pnematic bolt rifle for that.

I had a lot of fun with a custom .50 cal rifle. You can craft it from the M2 Browning. Since you don’t tend to find a lot of .50 caliber aammo it’s good for that, then you reload it. It cannot have a ton of mods it’s plenty powerful.

I second this suggestion

This brings up an idea in my mind:

Allow magnified scope mods to see beyond your normal visual range in an area 3x3 centered on the square you’re looking at in the 'f’ire designation mode. In exchange, have it cost as much time as and be equivalent to the ‘.’ wait command in that mode for every square you scan while looking through the scope.

Target switching in fire mode could also cost the same in time if it were implemented in a manner that let you switch from target to target nearby in a simple manner.

for longer ranges better get someting what go boom because even 6 lv marksman/rifle bionic army sniper have problems with hitting someting from 20 tiles away

This. I don’t even bother trying to engage at long range with non-area weapons. All you do is miss, and if you do hit, you do no damage.

Blargh. This is so true. I once spent 100+ .50 bmg rounds trying to hit a milspec turret. I guess grenade launcher is the way to go- a lot funner anyways, I guess.

rocket launchers are good too every launcher have 50+ range and one type of rockets have something over 100

Blargh. This is so true. I once spent 100+ .50 bmg rounds trying to hit a milspec turret. I guess grenade launcher is the way to go- a lot funner anyways, I guess.[/quote]

i oneshot a milspec turret with a enhanced railgun from outside theire firing range. took me about 3 shots to hit one of the turrets.

My favorite character is low strength and so I tend to favor the pistol crossbow for its size and ease of use while still packing a kick, but it’s practically a melee weapon. None of the crossbows are completely reliable unless the bolt sticking past the rails is physically poking the zed in the throat before you pull the trigger, I find.

I’ve also never had a marksman skill of over 10 so maybe that affects things, but you have to do a ton of work to get higher than that. I’m not sure if it’s even possible.

I have slaughtered legions of z with a repeating crossbow from about 10 tiles away. I can see how an unfletched bolt would be unprecise farther away though… not so much how i would constantly miss with a bow and a fletched arrow at a range of 20 ~
I have been shooting a bow befor irl and i can say that i can reliably hit a stationary target at about 25 meters out. I am not a professional …

Ferromagnetic rail rifle works well against turrets. Usually 1HKO.
If you want silent weapons, pneumatic bolt drivers or recurve reflex bow are good choices.

In that case you ll have to do a night raid i think. the range isn t high enough to shoot them with that at daytime.

[quote=“Wally-kun, post:11, topic:9417”]My favorite character is low strength and so I tend to favor the pistol crossbow for its size and ease of use while still packing a kick, but it’s practically a melee weapon. None of the crossbows are completely reliable unless the bolt sticking past the rails is physically poking the zed in the throat before you pull the trigger, I find.

I’ve also never had a marksman skill of over 10 so maybe that affects things, but you have to do a ton of work to get higher than that. I’m not sure if it’s even possible.[/quote]

In a game where I turned off the skill decay I easily had 12+ marksmanship and rifle. You need to accurize your weapons and use mods to help the precision. I did it mostly pneumatic bolt rifle. Switched to an actual rifle after for more range, and had a lot of ammo.

For wandering in the daytime get the darkness bionic and some night vision. You can walk around creating a 15m dark cloud in which you see around you. It’s quite neat.