How do you permanently increase stats?

Granade, not grenade.

Anyway, on the topic of OP-ing up characters:

I play with 12 start points, but I also take 12 disadvantage points and 12 advantage points. I generally take several crap traits, because, come on, everyone has a few disadvantages about themselves. I tend to take 10/10/10/10, perhaps bumping one up, and Forgetful, as I play with skill rust off. (Seriously, since when has not soldering transistors to random pieces of metal every day caused you to forget how?) Then, I take a few good traits pertaining to the profession-- bionic thief starts with Ninjutsu, Inconspicuous, and Light Step, Survivalists start with things like Outdoorsman, Eagle Eyes, or game-tracking help like Animal Empathy and Light Step, and Students or Hackers or the like get lower strength and higher Int, along with a few “nerdy” traits like glasses traits or Fast Reader.

Also, I noticed that if you take Eagle Eyed and then take Near-Sighted, you can keep Eagle.[/quote]

Eagle Eyed (now Scout) technically covers one’s aptitude for mapping rather than straight vision, and I think MYOPIC nerfs mapping anyway. If not, yeah, I can accept making them mutually exclusive.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:5, topic:5478”]Note the Granade, not the Grenade.
It makes a difference.[/quote]
gulp
"So when do I get my stat b-"
boom

Granade, not grenade.

I play with 12 start points, but I also take 12 disadvantage points and 12 advantage points. I generally take several crap traits, because, come on, everyone has a few disadvantages about themselves. I tend to take 10/10/10/10, perhaps bumping one up, and Forgetful, as I play with skill rust off. (Seriously, since when has not soldering transistors to random pieces of metal every day caused you to forget how?) Then, I take a few good traits pertaining to the profession-- bionic thief starts with Ninjutsu, Inconspicuous, and Light Step, Survivalists start with things like Outdoorsman, Eagle Eyes, or game-tracking help like Animal Empathy and Light Step, and Students or Hackers or the like get lower strength and higher Int, along with a few “nerdy” traits like glasses traits or Fast Reader.

Also, I noticed that if you take Eagle Eyed and then take Near-Sighted, you can keep Eagle.[/quote]

Eagle Eyed (now Scout) technically covers one’s aptitude for mapping rather than straight vision, and I think MYOPIC nerfs mapping anyway. If not, yeah, I can accept making them mutually exclusive.[/quote]

No, you see, if you take Near-Sighted, it grays out Eagle Eyed.

Granade, not grenade.

Eagle Eyed (now Scout) technically covers one’s aptitude for mapping rather than straight vision, and I think MYOPIC nerfs mapping anyway. If not, yeah, I can accept making them mutually exclusive.[/quote]

No, you see, if you take Near-Sighted, it grays out Eagle Eyed.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s an Easy-Fix. Thanks for reporting, but I’m not on tonight. Feel free to file an issue.

24 points… well-rounded… !?

I play with the standard 6 points, I also play with 10x monster spawns and 0.3x item spawns. My character can carry over 60kg of gear without breaking a sweat, he went from not knowing how to browse the web to being able to hack military supercomputers in about a week. He can dodge arrows with about 50% success rate and lift a v8 engine over his head. This is without any bionics or mutations.

I sometimes like to imagine what being in a real zombie apocalypse would be like. If my pack irl is over 30kg my walking distance per day is severely affected, and without a proper tramping/military pack that goes down to like 15kg. I am not telling you how to play the game, whatever you enjoy is great, this is more a grammar nazi complaint. You wrote ‘well-rounded’ but you meant ‘UBER’.[/quote]
welcome to DDA, where ‘UBER’ is the new Iron man mode.

God bless you newbies, I thought I was alone in a sea of stat abusers.

24 skill points
Set zombie spawn to 25x. This is so fun. Its actually hard since you have no skills

50x is impossible until you have a car and lots of range ammo and explosives.

I believe you can now set to have zombies spawn at your shelter right? Try that at 25x zombies. To make it creepy start the game at 10 pm.

Make sure to leave skill degrading on. With so many zombies your combat skills go up fast and it gets boring if you dont have to keep them up.

I have played a long time. I think its fun to do lots of different things. I also take mutations as soon as i find them early. I figure i have not invested alot of time so what the hell?