Hospitals

How come hospitals are all out in the country? Why aren’t they in the heart of the city, where it would make the most sense for them to be?

I thinks it’s due to it being a large building complex and like the rest of them they spawn on the edges or outside of cities. I agree that it’s strange that hospitals are sticking to the outskirts although if I had to guess the reason likely involves multi tile building would not play nice with city centers.

I would in general like to see the city generator updated for more realistic layout of urban blocks, commercial strips, etc.
But I can’t be buggered to learn the code. Guess I’ll just have to hope it becomes a priority to someone someday.

[quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:3, topic:14308”]I would in general like to see the city generator updated for more realistic layout of urban blocks, commercial strips, etc.
But I can’t be buggered to learn the code. Guess I’ll just have to hope it becomes a priority to someone someday.[/quote]
It is slowly being addressed:

ooOOoo that’s exciting. Where do I go to contribute layouts? I spent some time putting together buildings for a commercial strip the other day.

edit: Common in my area is one or two stories of housing on top of stores. these form the borders of residential blocks of tightly-packed 2&3 story homes, mostly duplexes, occasionally interspersed with low-rise apartments. The residential streets are typically one-way alternating north & south traffic. A lane usually runs behind the housing. Some people have garages, others park along the street. An alley runs parallel to the main road, tucked in behind the commercial strip. The corners of each city block connect to transit, either the subway or buses. Admittedly, I don’t live in “New England”, but this is still one of the earliest North American (read: colonial) cities to have been established. There are interesting things to be said about how the city intersects with park-land and the pre-existing landscape, but I don’t have time to write about that right now.