Multi-Map Tile Buildings, Labs, and Military Bunkers

So I’ve noticed that for the most part structures like Hotels, Regional Schools, Apartment Complexes, Office Complexes, and other multi-tile structures don’t spawn inside of cities most the time, they spawn on the edges and sometimes in the middle of nowhere. On top of this I’ve never seen a Lab or Military Bunker spawn in a city, once I saw one spawn next door to a home on the edge of a medium-large town on a size 4 gen but beyond that never anywhere near a city.

Is there any reason for this? I’d kind of expect Hospitals, Regional Schools, etc to spawn in the middle of cities, not to mention adding a level of difficulty to it considering most of them are just stuffed to the brim with zeds.

I don’t think Labs and Military Bunkers are supposed to be in cities.

Well hospitals and schools should.

The reason for it is mostly due to the way the world generation works. Basic answer is that placing 3x3 and 2x2 in the middle of cities can cause collisions with other buildings, and the best way to avoid that is to place them all on the outskirts. This is something that I’m going to look at the possibility of overhauling, but given the complexity of the world and building generation code, it could take a while.