Hordes

Right now if you successfully run away you can lose the horde, they stop wandering once they spawn. Some of the hordes are kind of big though, so it might take a while, and you’ll be leaving a trail of zombies behind you…

Right now if you successfully run away you can lose the horde, they stop wandering once they spawn. Some of the hordes are kind of big though, so it might take a while, and you'll be leaving a trail of zombies behind you...
You may me help. First don't include in main repo something like this: [code] (line 2141 opermap.cpp) if( zg[i].posx == zg[i].tx && zg[i].posy == zg[i].ty ) { zg[i].wander(); } else { zg[i].dec_interest( 1 ); } [/code] Zombie has pecrect chance to move each 50 turns. On range ~30 with interest 30 they will stop: [code]2133 if( zg[i].horde && rng(0,100) < zg[i].interest ) [/code] You include code with bug. You like it? I think yes, my congratulations. Second. Don't touch my code before I do them. I'll go away - do what you want. But as long as I have an interest - do not touch anything, unless of course you need some kind of work from me. Not necessary - better say so. I don't understand you. Answer me. Why do you give do the bugs in my code to someone besides me? It's my subsystem and i want to do bugs in it. Why i must look for my bugs and bugs someone else? --- Yes it's my fault. I have not commented code. But add bugs for what? May be better to say "Reaper! Comment you fu%^&*g crappy code!"? I would understand it. -- fix. No, they not stop. Interest not lower than 15. Any way it's to slow. (~0.9 overmap tile/hour) Need: [code] if (zg[i].interest<=15 && one_in(5) ) zg[i].wander(); [/code] fix #2. Yeah. It would do you. I thought you were not looked at someone's code and added.. Oh, Kevin, how could you, you hurt me to the heart.

Cмерть по флангам Владение, Очень спасибо!

[quote=“Binky, post:23, topic:5444”]Cмерть по флангам Владение, Очень спасибо![/quote]Wat. I am Russian, and nevertheless - wat. o_O
I’m trying to piece together the original phrase here, and failing, though I suppose I get the gist. :stuck_out_tongue:

On that note, Reaper - I am five years out of practice programming, and I can still read your code easier than I can read your post.
Can you… I don’t know, provide the original text of your post in a spoiler or something, just on the off chance somebody knows the language you natively speak?

[quote=“Sean Mirrsen, post:24, topic:5444”][quote=“Binky, post:23, topic:5444”]Cмерть по флангам Владение, Очень спасибо![/quote]Wat. I am Russian, and nevertheless - wat. o_O
I’m trying to piece together the original phrase here, and failing, though I suppose I get the gist. :stuck_out_tongue:
…[/quote]

Ukrainian, but I’m also curious about initial Binky’s meaning.

I’m sure that Reaper is asking to not fiddle with his horde module code unless he, himself, will state is as “done”. Considering that he just came and done stuff that we missed (and done it well, I assume) devs and other contributors should listen to his requests. I mean, if contributor is doing a healthy chunk of game that wasn’t touched by anyone before, he deserves some attention to his needs, to make game even better.

hahaha I noticed him from posts in the Russian forum and I couldn’t think of the word for Reaper in Russian so I had to go for ‘wings of death’ - it has been a while since I’ve spoken it much so I’m quite rusty I’m afraid.

I agree that I think Reaper is just asking for his code to be left until it’s finished because additions may introduce bugs he doesn’t notice - a fair concern.

You ended up saying “Death on the flanks Possession, Very thanks!”, or something along those lines since it’s about as untranslatable in the other direction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well when I learned Russian Ochen Spasibo meant ‘thank you very much’ although I guess people use bolsho instead of ochen in most places. It’s been many years since I was there :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, this is a digression - the work is great Reaper. Please keep working on this and anything else afterwards if you have time time.

We speak: “Cпасибо большое”
Though so is also good.
Thanks you for testing.

somebody knows the language you natively speak?
Wat. I am Russian, and nevertheless
If i right understand it's you:)
I agree that I think Reaper is just asking for his code to be left until it's finished because additions may introduce bugs he doesn't notice - a fair concern.
Generally speaking, yes.

This has come up before, if you want to “own” your code, don’t post it. The code of the game is communal property, and people will change your code in the future without notifying you, that’s simply how the project works.

Well, I’ll know. Thank you.

[quote=“Reaper, post:22, topic:5444”]You may me help. First don’t include in main repo something like this:

(line 2141 opermap.cpp)
if( zg[i].posx == zg[i].tx && zg[i].posy == zg[i].ty ) {
                zg[i].wander();
            } else {
                zg[i].dec_interest( 1 );
            }

Zombie has pecrect chance to move each 50 turns. On range ~30 with interest 30 they will stop:

2133 if( zg[i].horde && rng(0,100) < zg[i].interest ) 

You include code with bug. You like it? I think yes, my congratulations.[/quote]
I don’t understand what the bug is, you want hordes to always follow sounds all the way to their source? With this adjustment they would lose speed over time and either eventually arrive and start wandering or notice a new sound and start moving toward it. This mirrors how sound works at short range. Over time the zombies forget about it and either stop or notice a new stimuli.

I didn’t mean to cause you distress. Making things work together nicely is a large part of my role in the project, if I don’t adjust things other people contribute I can’t do that.

or notice a new sound and start moving toward it
No, if player so far.
what the bug is
This bug call megre.
I didn't mean to cause you distress
I open "meld" and "kdiff3" for semself. Forget.

Updated.
https://github.com/Reaper42/Cataclysm-DDA/tree/hordes
-Add lost interest for hordes
-Merges with master repo

It’s merged with master? I’m not so sure, it shows ‘closed’ not ‘merged’

No. This https://github.com/Reaper42/Cataclysm-DDA/tree/hordes branch merged with master:) Master branch in it.

Dev’s don’t want it. Sorry guys.

Correction, Reaper isn’t interested in fixing the code. Feel free to read the PRs yourself:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:38, topic:5444”]Correction, Reaper isn’t interested in fixing the code. Feel free to read the PRs yourself:

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6827[/quote]

That was pretty snarky.

You didn’t need to pull your gun out and slam it down on the table, Walter. This isn’t 'Nam. It’s just coding.

That wasn’t remotely snarky, it was a simple statement of fact. I wouldn’t have said anything except I felt the need to correct the misinformation of, “the devs don’t want it”.
If you have a better way to phrase it though, let me know.