Hoping I'm misinterpreting this

Devs made Dodge difficult enough to train already–taking it out entirely seems rather mean-spirited:

Actually, in version .4 and previous the Dodge skill was just a placebo, and didn’t actually do anything. We have introduced a change that gives players the ability to dodge - it may have introduced a bug, however, but we’ll fix it if so. It definitely hasn’t been removed - quite the opposite, in fact!

Well, if you’re gonna do a Chung-Ree all over their a**es drop your stuff and pummel their fannies into your Dodge.
And don’t say mean-spirited. Getting stuck with a broadsword in a dog zombie is mean spirited already. :slight_smile:

…This curiously reminds me of Legendary axedorfs dodging into open mineshafts.

In context, the quote was about the lack of user-side version documentation in the nightly builds (fixed as of 0.4-1020-g7285f07-DIRTY)

WAIT WHAT

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS

I WASTED SO MANY POINTS IN DODGE

I suppose that explains why my 6 dodge character can still get hit, at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

WAIT WHAT

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS

I WASTED SO MANY POINTS IN DODGE

I suppose that explains why my 6 dodge character can still get hit, at least. :P[/quote]

It’s a question of overspecialization. At such a point you can outsmart bullets.
Can’t outsmart teeth though.

Still, I’m quite suprised by this as well. May as well forget training dodge for the moment then.