Home secured by

Whatever industry it is that makes the eyebots. Anyway, another random thought while playing, why don’t houses use alarmed windows/doors?

The general assumption is that commercial systems have robust battery backups, and the home units do not.

Did not know that. My question has been answered. XD

Though do you think it would be too much to have a couple of the visibly high-end homes have functional security systems?

TBH IRL some home alarms have battery back ups to.

If your not happy with doing it to normal small houses I really think Mansions should have a decent alarm system though :wink:

Did not know that. My question has been answered. XD

Though do you think it would be too much to have a couple of the visibly high-end homes have functional security systems?[/quote]

That’s a cool idea!

:stuck_out_tongue: a type of stone house with solar panels and batterys in back

Maybe some people thought they would come back soon to their houses, and decided to trap them to stop looters? So, home-made security, with noise makers, broken glass and so on? Also, some survivor basements could be trapped too: it’s weird sometimes how MUCH stuff is left there for anyone to grab it…

Yeah those are supposed to spawn survivor zombies, but I messed up the spawn chances. I’ll put in a pr to fix that. I’ve also been wanting to make various levels of trapped houses, but I haven’t done too much with building json yet.

Houses with rivtech security systems, would like to see them on mansions and rich rich houses.

perhaphs a few condo buildings

Yea, extending it to mansions as well makes sense.
As for trapped homes, there are two angles on that.

1. Survivor homes, where people who survived for a bit fortified their houses (I think we have a little bit of this already)
  2. Uber-distopian pre-cataclysm world where booby trapping your house was allowed (it’s illegal in the modern US).

I think that’s a much better placement for traps than the weird stash specials.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:10, topic:8349”]Yea, extending it to mansions as well makes sense.
As for trapped homes, there are two angles on that.

1. Survivor homes, where people who survived for a bit fortified their houses (I think we have a little bit of this already)
  2. Uber-distopian pre-cataclysm world where booby trapping your house was allowed (it’s illegal in the modern US).

I think that’s a much better placement for traps than the weird stash specials.[/quote]
Hollywood a la Home Alone, except it’s Zombies instead of Thiefs.

So, I’ve added my first trapped home. Bear traps by the windows and a landmined food stash (a la Hunger Games). Further suggestions?

IED in the toilet.

Nothing spells deranged lunatic better than trapping your own toilet.

are fake floors a thing? if so then do a house with a basement and turn the basement into a big spike pit

nothings more satisfying than knowing your toilet trap exploded on someone covering them in toilet water

IED in the toilet.

Nothing spells deranged lunatic better than trapping your own toilet.[/quote]

Tactical Toilet would like to have a word with you. Toilet with a (presumably waterproofed) MP5 able to extend from the bowl.

Because nothing says HOME SECURITY better than splattering the perp and the contents of the bowl all over the room.

Japanese Toilet that Squirts Water, Except instead of Squirting Water it would Squirt Acid.

Built-in bidet, what?

Revenge of the Toilet