More Alarm Systems

So we have bubblewrap sheets as sound traps but there could be alarm system options.

Broken Glass Alarm:
-The most simple of all the makeshift alarms. All you need is a number of Glass Shards.
-Should be noisier than Bubblewraps.

Bone Alarm:
-Made by setting up a number of bones in a similar fashion to a jenga tower or a tower of cards.
-Should be noisier than Broken Glass Alarm.

Can Alarm:
-Made by putting pebbles or similar things inside a number of cans and tying them together with a string.
-Should be noisier than Bone Alarm.

Talking Doll Alarm:
-Made by attaching a Talking Doll to a tripwire.
-Should be a bit noisier than Can Alarm.

How about more technologically advanced traps, like a tripwire attached to a radio’s switch, or a pressure pad wired to a noisemaker?

That one makes sense. We do need more makeshift electronic devices.

A similar one would be to attach a tripwire to a talking doll. Makes for a creepy alarm. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or a tripwire attached to a string connected to a shotgun on a chair.

That’s a good sound alarm, and it normally works on everything.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:4, topic:5651”]Or a tripwire attached to a string connected to a shotgun on a chair.

That’s a good sound alarm, and it normally works on everything.[/quote]
We have shotgun traps already. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know. But still, can’t deny the fact it works.

Not denying them. It makes for a midgame trap, though. The main materials, shotgun and ammo, are not so easily available most of the time and it will probably attract more than your attention.

We should have traps that could be placed in doors or windows, intead of having to surround the door with traps.

This too. Specially windows.

How about we somehow hook up a wire to a police siren and lights?

Loud as heck.

There are (at least in the Swedish and Danish military forces) “alarm mines”, which are triggered much like a Claymore or other tripwire mine, but with just a small pyrotechnic charge that emits noise and light for a few seconds.

Sounds like they would fit into this general theme.

And yet, we still don’t have claymores.

Why would you want claymores? They are just mines that for gameplay purposes would only be harder to use. Being directional and requiring confined spaces.

Well it could explode one tile in the direction they were placed in. Or 2.

And have a smaller explosion radius, but be more “pointed” in the direction it was planted.

Shrapnel sent in one way for claymores.

And piss-poor anti-vehicular damage.[quote=“HeadWar, post:11, topic:5651”]There are (at least in the Swedish and Danish military forces) “alarm mines”[/quote]

Since when is that a reason not to include something?

And besides, directional sounds awesome in many situations (Base defence, oh yes…), and “confined spaces” just isn’t true. I would like the ability to command detonate them though, which is how they are mainly used nowadays, since there are international treaties regarding uncontrolled mines.

They are extremely effective against “soft” vehicles.

By “And piss-poor anti-vehicular damage.” I meant “Dont make them go BOOM”