Holiday Mode(s) off-switch

While the concept of the Turkey Hulk arriving in time for Thanksgiving is goddamn hilarious in my opinion, and the Halloween mode was good for a laugh…

Can we get an off-switch that doesn’t require extensive modding? My holiday spirit kinda burned out after the thousandth “2SPOOKY” joke on Tumblr on October Third.

I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade but I’d love to play a normal game that doesn’t require one of the halloween “professions” to survive more than a few seconds in town.

Yeah… I wanna play regular Cata again!

+1, Sorry, guys, the new monsters and stuff are ok, but I do love a zombie apocalypse.

Having the option to turn each type of monster on or off as well as their frequency in world gen would be badass though.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:3, topic:3769”]+1, Sorry, guys, the new monsters and stuff are ok, but I do love a zombie apocalypse.

Having the option to turn each type of monster on or off as well as their frequency in world gen would be badass though.[/quote]

the “extensive modding” bit (for me at least) just meant removing the halloween monsters from the “zombie” spawn group in the monsters JSON. (And then opting to not use the halloween professions)

That said, having a “Holiday mode” selection could prove amusing (Halloween and Christmas at once anyone? XD)

EDIT: I didn’t think of this at the time but adding in a way to keep them in the files but not spawn also adds the ability to hallucinate the holiday critters doesn’t it?

Dont worry guys they should be reverted today or early tomorrow. Also my code will be the basic testing for the mod manager to turn things on and off.

I for one think the holiday mod is awesome. But the werewolves are too numerous, and they’re not kerjiggered into the right places. If this could become a more over the top version, I’m all for it. If there’s an off switch, people can have it both ways.

I suggest an “advent calendar” idea with the option to turn it off earlier, but perhaps a mod manager would be better for this.

Once the mod manager goes in (which shouldn’t be too long after .9) then most of the holiday stuff will be turned into “mods” that can be turned on or off at the push of a button.