High tier rare stab knife?

I and probably quite a few people (possibly) would like to see a Gerber Mark II or Mark I in the game. Effective at stabbing, lightweight and both a history, AND a performance icon.

That’s about it, short and sweet.

Why go with a Gerber when trench knives are even better?

Punch through helmets, through robots, through armoured mutants, trench knife don’t care! Geneva convention no longer exists anyway, so trench knife is legal again!

Lol, this game ain’t an RPG, you know. MKII can be applied on something advanced like it would happen in real life. You don’t get a katana mk II in real life so do you in cataclysm.
Search for better weapon or reinforce your current (using a welder) and raise your stats.

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:3, topic:9813”]Lol, this game ain’t an RPG, you know. MKII can be applied on something advanced like it would happen in real life. You don’t get a katana mk II in real life so do you in cataclysm.
Search for better weapon or reinforce your current (using a welder) and raise your stats.[/quote]

Gratz on 404 posts!

just an FYI Gerber Mark II is the full name of the knife he’s referring to
it’s apparently been featured in a couple movies and may still be used by U.S. Armed Forces

Cute as it may be i’d first like to see the Bollocks Dagger appear in the game

That’s a very… phallic shaped object you linked there.

If you’re interested Google will surely yield better footage
[sup]Also here’s a lil informative video by a collector / fencer by the name of Matt Easton[/sup]

We’ve already got a fancy combat knife.

1. True, but i was kinda referring to the Gerber Mark II as a “historical” weapon, in the realm of how the Zweihander is, but not as old. Since the original Mark II is no longer manufactured and it has been used in a war, it would be a nice edition to the more unique weapons like the Zweihander. Compared to ‘combat knife’, which could be referring to anything with a blade basically, which is kinda funny in its own right.

2. RM42 is fine and dandy, if you could find it anywhere though. Who knows in the end, maybe there’s a rivtech storage facility i don’t know about filled with mesh armor and DU rounds and rainbows.

I’m sorry to say but i don’t feel as that knife has earned a worthwhile name for itself.
i’ve linked the worthwhile references off the wiki, If you want to make a case for it then by all means go ahead :slight_smile:

You’re missing the point imo. There are literally millions of legitimate and knockoff “blade” designs out there
And in the end, that’s all they are. small metalic objects to stab eachother with ( +/- 5 pierce, +/- 10 attack speed )

The Gerber Mark II in particular, i’ve not heard of and neither am impressed by it…

Hell at this phase, It might become worthwhile to create “culturally segregated” mods/compilations
featuring items such as this. that no one outside a given cultural ring would be interested in specifically-
But as a whole it may be a pleasant environment to explore.

[hr]
[center]-Fashionably late edit-[/center]
I may be be suggesting to package it in a book much like this one- “Ye Scots Beuk o Cuikery” which provides recipes for- kilt, whiskey wort, haggis, cullen shink, cloutie, dumpling, bagpipes, broadsword, battle axe, Zweihänder and crowsbow.
[hr]

From the description of the RM42, it sounds like it was inspired by the Gerber anyway.

It was inspired by the Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife, which is what the Gerber Mark II was based off of, so yeah they’re pretty much the same except for the materials used.

22 damage and +2 to-hit is pretty OP for a small blade. In general, I think that satisfies the “really good knife” category of the endgame for most melee-based characters.
If you want a specific item in the game, just code it in yourself. It’s super easy:

Just go into the weapons/tools json and copy the code for another knife and replace the stats, description, and name with what you would prefer.

If you want it to spawn in the world, you’ll need to do a little bit more work and go into the code for locations and put in a chance-to-spawn value for it.

An easier option in my opinion is either to just debug it to your character, or make a character class that spawns with it initially, if you want to feel a little more legit.

I’ve coded in a lot of weapons, guns, ammunition, ect. into my games this way and I haven’t experienced problems with it yet. It’s your game, so do what you want with it.