Daggers

You know…Between a knife and a short sword. A stabbing weapon. Would be extremely accurate. Would deal piercing damage and useless at butchering.

Like a bayonet?

And I believe the reason most knives arent good with accuracy in the current combat system is short weapons arent great for fighting zombies.

[size=8pt]Here is a quick write up for a dagger. It has not been tested and you would still have to add it in as a spawn in the game.[/size]

{ "type":"GENERIC", "id": "dagger_steel", "symbol" : "!", "color": "dark_gray", "name": "steel dagger", "description": "A common dagger. Better than a knife but not as good as a short sword.", "material": "steel", "price": 0, "volume": 2, "weight": 300, "bashing": 0, "cutting": 4, "to_hit": 1, "techniques": ["WBLOCK_1"] }

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:2, topic:4039”]Like a bayonet?

And I believe the reason most knives arent good with accuracy in the current combat system is short weapons arent great for fighting zombies.[/quote]

Like this…Just a stabbing sorta weapon. Would be great for stealth when implemented. I think some of the time the edges werent even sharp, like alot of medieval weapons.

[quote=“AerialK7, post:4, topic:4039”][quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:2, topic:4039”]Like a bayonet?

And I believe the reason most knives arent good with accuracy in the current combat system is short weapons arent great for fighting zombies.[/quote]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler
Like this…Just a stabbing sorta weapon. Would be great for stealth when implemented. I think some of the time the edges werent even sharp, like alot of medieval weapons.[/quote]

Often times, such as with a dagger, or other stabbing implement, or in some cases, crushing implements, a beaten edge would last longer and serve the purpose longer, despite not being as sharp.

a sharpened edge by nature requires maintenance