Hot Topic! (Weapons)

Heat able weapons.

Mod or put in game so they do more damage and the description could tell you the color.

Already in game. Look at the flammenschwert, Rising Sun, Louisville Slaughterer, or any of those.

I meant like with fire or a hotplate, making a hot knife you can use this as a weapon or to cauterize yourself. Like Laura Croft does in the game. (The Laura Croft game)

A weapon like that seems realy inefficient.
steel cools down realy quick. like super fast. especialy if you cut into something like flesh it ll probably loose all its heat in an instant making it a 1 time use.
considering the time you need to heat up a sword with a hot plate or a fire (or god forbid a lighter lol) the benfit would be laughable.
Still its doable… just super unpractical so i question the need to implement it.

Cauterization is also in btw. Activate a knife with a lighter in your inventory.

faceplam

While I’m for powered melee weapons, I’d rather see a tazer type effect on hit.

Heatable weapons sound like something you constantly have to turn on and off.

OFF TOPIC:

I went in a Hot Topic the other day and it brought back some really old memories. Sucks that now like 75% of their inventory is silly toys based on cartoons and such; it was a lot better back when it was an alternative record store with band shirts and DIY spikes and piercings.

also off topic
Sometimes there’s still good stuff there. I managed to snag a copy of Death - Scream Bloody Gore (arguably the first death metal album ever) a year or two ago.

this part is sorta on topic cause I always feel obligated to do that sorta thing
Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I found out taser weapons are just activatable rather that shocking blows. I might look into that when I code up the Mad Engineer pack…

Not only would heating the blade of a weapon enough for it to have any effect likely ruin the blade, the heat wouldn’t have that much of an added benefit when compared to the damage done by slicing the tissue.

A rag tied to the end of a stick, soaked in fuel, set ablaze and used poke at enemies in an attempt to transfer the burning liquid on to them, would (in my opinion) be a much more effective way of doing damage with heat.

wince

[quote=“thedemondude1, post:1, topic:8066”]Heat able weapons.

Mod or put in game so they do more damage and the description could tell you the color.[/quote]

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh