Help - Stung

Hello, I’ve been playing the experimental build 8ceae11 and my character has, as the result of a close encounter with some bees, gotten the “stung” status which is causing pain to continually increase. Nothing I’ve done has been effective at remedying the situation - pain just keeps increasing up into the 2500 - 3000 level. Any advice would be appreciated.

I think it times out eventually, though if you go for more than about an hour I’d authorize debugging in some royal jelly. He wasn’t entirely clear as to whether he meant for it to be capped or not.

(And now you know to treat Kevin with respect. Granades are not a toy!)

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:6592”]I think it times out eventually, though if you go for more than about an hour I’d authorize debugging in some royal jelly. He wasn’t entirely clear as to whether he meant for it to be capped or not.

(And now you know to treat Kevin with respect. Granades are not a toy!)[/quote]

Indeed :slight_smile: I’ve found instructions for turning on the debug menu for the stable release but haven’t had any luck doing it for the experimental SDL release - the keymap file isn’t there and when I paste it in it gets deleted.

Currently I’ve timed the effect out to over 12 hours of effect with pain levels around 2800 on average at that point.

Additionally, I’d just like to say I’m loving the game - it’s fantastic, especially with the retrodays 20px tileset.

Nevermind, found the debug binding in the options thanks!

You don’t go through key map anymore. Keybindings can be only changed through in game options.

Right, problem fixed. Any further Granades found will be enshrined in a place of honor in a mansion collection.

Yep, bees are supposed to be OP, to provide real risk to go with the rewards you can get out of the Granade item.
They’ll be toned down if we decide to put them anywhere in the game world where they’re supposed to be taken seriously. The main blocker for that is their AI, there’s a problem I haven’t found a solution to in the way their movement pattern is handled. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/7862
The source of this problem lies in the fact that they aren’t actually a monster, but rather a sentient field.

Well… Do bees spawn in bee hives?

i have no idea after granade spawnet bees i am to scared to try walk near one

It should say “BEES!” in blinking yellow letters in the middle of the screen while you are in the field.

These are the result of Granade abuse. Everyone was treating 'em as free points, so Kevin wrote and I
Merged!

BEES!!
which, as he stated, are a sentient field that causes Stung, which in turn causes debilitating amounts of pain. Beehives are the giant bees, which by comparison are much safer. BEES!! is a one-in-five on Granade detonation, and has no greater RNG-weight than other potential results.

No, I knew they were the offspring of Granades but I was wondering of they were able to spawn in bee hives.

No, like I said we don’t want to work them into the main game unless we can sort out some issues with them.
That reminds me, anyone else remember that episode of MacGuyver with the ants?