Healing without sleep

I find that very frustrating, if my badly wounded character can’t sleep through the night i have to begin the next day in the same hopeless state. We need a rest option with half or quarter healing rate as sleeping.

You could just go back to sleep after you wake up? Also if you have a low health value you will heal slower, so you might want to try taking some vitamins or something.

Huh. That gives me a bit of an incentive to keep my health up and not just wear a gas mask all the time.

Um… pretty sure NPCs don’t make those sorts of decisions at this point. As far as I can tell, the default NPC setting is full Rambo on everything.

I think you’re in the wrong topic, man.

All direct-heal items (bandage, disinfectant, hemostatic powder, antiseptic powder, medkit) heal a little HP with each application.
Some of CBM-bearing enemies (possibly shocker brutes?) drop Repair Nanobots, and shockers are free kill at night with any silent ranged weapon, because they can’t see you but you can see them.
I think there are healing foodstuffs too.
Nyquil, Ambien, and poppy sleep help with sleeping too.

I do think it would be delightful if there was a perk, Relaxed, which allows you to heal during downtime at half rate of sleeping. like say healing while reading, crafting, or mechanizing stuffs.

Came up already. That’s hella overpowered, as the mutant-healing traits don’t get that good. Nope.

Came up already. That’s hella overpowered, as the mutant-healing traits don’t get that good. Nope.[/quote]

Perhaps nerf it to 1/10th-1/4th the healing rate compared to sleep and cap it to full bar segment? IE: at 3.5 bars health, “relax” and health recovers to 4 bars.

Came up already. That’s hella overpowered, as the mutant-healing traits don’t get that good. Nope.[/quote]

Perhaps nerf it to 1/10th-1/4th the healing rate compared to sleep and cap it to full bar segment? IE: at 3.5 bars health, “relax” and health recovers to 4 bars.[/quote]

Not without seriously nerfing other healing, so nope.

I don’t expect the non-mutated human body to magically heal itself during the day or even at night.
If you are jonesing for bandages, prioritize and make them or accept your fate.

i have been cut open a few times irl and it always took over a week to heal up. in cata all it takes is 2 nights to heal from almost mortal wound. Although in reality i doubt that even for the normal human body healing would stop however it is still much slower compared to how fast we heal in cata w/o any trait or mutation over night. So if we heal at daytime too we should nerf the healing rate over night.

If we believe some of the theory’s about the lore, perhaps the accelerated healing rate experienced in cata is contributed to XE037’s presence in essentially everything in the world?

Thats certainly the case. But what i was trying to say is that : As the Healing rate overnight within1 day time is already much higher then the healing rate irl in which case it is distributed over a full day we d need to nerf the healing over night if we add healing when awake w/o any trait in cata. I hope that made sense if not nag me about it n maybe i ll reword it again xD. (If we add healingwhile awake without nerfing the night healing itwould reach rediculous healing speed and it would pretty much make the regeneration mutation useless as all that it does is pretty much safe you a day when healing … and if you d buff that one in turn it would probably result in even more healing mayhem :P)

I try to rephrase my problem:
Right now the sleeping is a magical way to restore lost hit points. But if my character can’t sleep, he can’t heal. I know there are other ways to heal, but there should be a way to lay down and rest and heal for a while.

So, i would like to see a rest & heal option or natural healing through the day as Valpo suggesting.

If you’re safe enough to rest and heal then why not just read a book until you get tired?

Because i just want to rest until get better.

That isn’t how your body works though. You need medicine to heal wounds, resting should only give you stamina.

It actually is how your body works. It doesn t need medicine to heal wounds. I rarely ever take any medication at all and i am fine even if i get wounded.

The body heals when awake and when sleepin. It just happens to work better on it when your asleep. You don t usualy put your injured body parts under stress while asleep which does also help. However that doesn t mean that healing stops when you
wake up or doesn t start w/o any medcine.

It is how your body works in cata yeah i guess if you meant that?

Wrong and entirely incorrect.
RL medicine can roughly be divided into four groups:

[ol][li]Don’t need help, will pass on its own (common cold’s there), but optionally can easen symptoms.[/li]
[li]Can do it on its own, but much better if helped - average burns, cracked bones, etc are here.[/li]
[li]Can’t do it on its own, need medical help. Internal bleeding, tumors, broken bones.[/li]
[li]Can’t do at all, whether alone or with medicine. This category is slowly decreasing, but the only solutions for it are painkillers and mercy kill.[/li][/ol]

Do note that I count ‘put things in place and leave body to heal the injuries’ as ‘medical help’. Medicine can either help with healing, make healing possible in the first place, or forcibly fix issues (like, say, appendicitis) - but the actual healing is done by body alone. There are no magical gels that regrow your skin or replenish your blood. The most medicine can do, here, is devise something that makes body able to do it, like that structural gel providing necessary framework (literally!) for skin regeneration.