Hazerithious' Mods

LMOE:
I decided to make an LMOE starting Scenario. Not sure how balanced the point cost is with the potential benefits of starting at an LMOE shelter.
I say potential, because a lot of the time the LMOE shelters don’t have everything you need. (IME)
Anyways here it is. Be sure to tell me things I could add or take away from it, or edit!(if ya feel like it) This is the first mod I have ever made for any game.
Be gentle please!

[URL=http://www106.zippyshare.com/v/7H4vg5u7/file.html/]LMOE Start[/URL]

[quote=“Hazerithious, post:1, topic:8895”]I decided to make an LMOE starting Scenario. Not sure how balanced the point cost is with the potential benefits of starting at an LMOE shelter.
I say potential, because a lot of the time the LMOE shelters don’t have everything you need. (IME)
Anyways here it is. Be sure to tell me things I could add or take away from it, or edit!(if ya feel like it) This is the first mod I have ever made for any game.
Be gentle please!

(File is too large… Where can I upload and link to?)[/quote]

Throw it on your favorite cloud site (I like dropbox; mediafire is also popular).

I tried running LMOE shelter with Brin version and it said it couldn’t find something. Unfortunately I didn’t see what it said was missing but it ended up spawning me in the middle of a triffid infestation. Suffice to say this didn’t end well. :<

A friend told me to check the debug.txt and sure enough it’s from when I started the game up. Kind of funny since I thought it was for the debug menu you can bring up during the game. In any event I found the errors it gave.

4:25:28.17 INFO : Loaded scenario: lmoe
4:41:48.239 : src/start_location.cpp:198 Could not find starting overmap terrain lmoe
4:41:53.165 : src/start_location.cpp:234 Could not find starting place for character

LMOE shelter isn’t always generated. Unfortunately there’s no way to “request” certain tile types from mapgen.
Too big or too small city size on world gen may result in LMOEs, labs, hospitals and similar buildings not getting generated.

How big is too big and how small is too small? It goes from 1 to 16 in the map generator part. :<

4-6 usually results in LMOEs, 1 and 16 usually do not.

Okay I’ll give it a few more tries to see if it works. Also would the mod function in the new .C version? Iom not entirely sure how it works with Cataclysm stuff but it kind of seems like it’d not be a huge deal like it is for most other games.

I have tried them all in the 0.C version and they seem to work thus far. No problems I can see as of yet.

Also how does one change tile sets? I downloaded one a friend suggested but there didn’t seem to be an option for it in the game itself.

In options, the graphics tab would show you. It would be there where the tileset would be I think it defaults to Mshock32. Provided you placed the tileset you DL’s into the GFX folder in your Cataclysm directory afaik.

The file’s expired, does someone have a copy they can upload?