Hardened survivors looking for new world

Can confirm, I’ve had Ice Labs kill endgame survivors before. I once had one that went to about 13 floors down, and it’s temperature at the lowest floors was over 100 degrees below absolute zero. My kit for descending was a FULL suit of Heavy Power Armour, as well as no less than 7 Thermal Electric Suits(using the exploit that TES can be worn on top of power armour) with UPS Mod attached to them all, in addition to my bionic air conditioning unit, and a handy-dandy flamethrower for if I got entirely too cold.

I had 24,000 bionic power to spend, which I had to split between my lasrifle and my ridiculous heating setup. On the final floor I found a flaming eye. It’s eyebeams destroyed three of my TES. I then died of frostbite within the span of about… I want to say 6 turns? It was a delayed death anyway, as the harsh fighting brought me down to only 300 BP remaining. I had 180 seconds to live basically, and each volley fired from my lasrifle would have shaved 15 seconds of my remaining life. Me losing too many heat layers caused a fairly rapid death from the extreme cold.[/quote]

Sounds like a GLORIOUS death.

Can confirm, I’ve had Ice Labs kill endgame survivors before. I once had one that went to about 13 floors down, and it’s temperature at the lowest floors was over 100 degrees below absolute zero. My kit for descending was a FULL suit of Heavy Power Armour, as well as no less than 7 Thermal Electric Suits(using the exploit that TES can be worn on top of power armour) with UPS Mod attached to them all, in addition to my bionic air conditioning unit, and a handy-dandy flamethrower for if I got entirely too cold.

I had 24,000 bionic power to spend, which I had to split between my lasrifle and my ridiculous heating setup. On the final floor I found a flaming eye. It’s eyebeams destroyed three of my TES. I then died of frostbite within the span of about… I want to say 6 turns? It was a delayed death anyway, as the harsh fighting brought me down to only 300 BP remaining. I had 180 seconds to live basically, and each volley fired from my lasrifle would have shaved 15 seconds of my remaining life. Me losing too many heat layers caused a fairly rapid death from the extreme cold.[/quote]
Can you tell it’s an ice lab from the surface?

the moment you step inside youll know.

But flamming eyes dont do glorious anti-matter eye spam anymore.

Whoa, that must have been QUITE a while back, as there has been a limit of two of the same thing worn since at least 0.B, and max -10 levels for the world since there as well (I think).

But yeah, flaming eyes used to be ultra-crazy-stupid-broken. Glad that’s gone.

I haven’t ever found an ice lab that went lower than level 7 or maybe 8, and even then, I could get through it decently well with a thermal electric suit, a jedi cloak, some regular thermals, and the internal climate control CBM. Oh, of course, a stack of meat to eat to keep the bionic power up while I nano-repaired the frostbite.

Ice Lab finales are a quest of 2 trench coats, 2 down blankets, 2 blankets, 2 sheets, some more coats, some headgear in the form of fur and newboy caps, some hunter caps.

etc.

the mouth is the most vulnerable part but… Feet too. Followed by hands.