So took a little break, and now I'm a newb again... hmmm

So I just wanted other people’s thoughts on it, I feel like its dead dead dead. Its not bad, its I just keep seeming to be unable to get myself to a point where I can survive yet. I am enjoying the challenge, I’m just looking to hear if its just I need to tweak my plans, or if other people are experiencing it too.
But I am enjoying the monster, and cyberjunkie’s their lovely. I just seem to find the heavy hitting bionic zombies that enjoy pounding me into meat pies, or getting injured and not being able to sustain myself till I can heal from sleeping.

I’m doing pretty well surviving for the most part, but then, I’m hyper careful a lot of the time.

This does make it harder to find a lot of cool stuff though…

But frankly, being able to gut zombie bears with a knife without taking a hit because I’ve honed my combat skills up super good is awesome.

Usually if you avoid charging into towns for a few days you ought to be good. Maybe walk around the woods and see if you can’t find a cluster of bodies for a day or two and you should get a fair amount of equipment to prevent a horrible death.

The biggest problem I find that people do is to try to take things too fast. Pick an edge of the city far away from shops (which are almost always surrounded by large number of heavy-hitting zombies) with 1-2 houses. Lure a few zombies out of the area and kill them. Then lure the next few. Once you’ve clear out the zombies form around a house then you can go in and plunder it. Repeat the process as you move into the city, slowly luring the zombies out and killing them 1-2 at a time.

Good plans, I think I tend to end up luring all the zombie’s after me without realizing it… I can take down a few, but I seem to always end up hurting and needing food and drink before I can heal myself enough to fight again if i need too.

You can go a lot longer that the game say before you die.
Pick a building and use it as a base /storeroom.
If gets hard run, your faster than the Zd’s.

If you can find a working car then you can drive strait to the shops, do a few laps of the block to run down the zd’s and just drive away.

[quote=“Funk, post:6, topic:5971”]You can go a lot longer that the game say before you die.
Pick a building and use it as a base /storeroom.
If gets hard run, your faster than the Zd’s.

If you can find a working car then you can drive strait to the shops, do a few laps of the block to run down the zd’s and just drive away.[/quote]

Be sure not to hurt your engine block, those things will fail if hit enough and will do so with so with some pretty explosive dire results.

Scavenging is also a pretty good way to get by with minimal conflict- just be careful with those mushrooms.

Thats why you want a beetle or a truck of some kind to keep the engine back from the front.