Hallucinations give skill exp

I've known this for a good bit but never thought about mentioning it since it seemed plausible to give practice. I do see however how it can give experience for combat skills though since they would be like the real deal just harmless. Then again since Cata has RPG elements I do see how it should not give exp as well so I figured I would put it here since it seems a tie breaker to me.

Like I said though, I figured it was meant anyway so I never bothered putting it here since it made sense in a mentality sort of way but then I thought more of it and such and figured it might have not been intentional. Either way does not hurt for me to post it so here it is.

[quote=“Necrucifer, post:1, topic:3040”] I’ve known this for a good bit but never thought about mentioning it since it seemed plausible to give practice. I do see however how it can give experience for combat skills though since they would be like the real deal just harmless. Then again since Cata has RPG elements I do see how it should not give exp as well so I figured I would put it here since it seems a tie breaker to me.

Like I said though, I figured it was meant anyway so I never bothered putting it here since it made sense in a mentality sort of way but then I thought more of it and such and figured it might have not been intentional. Either way does not hurt for me to post it so here it is.[/quote]

Thats awesome.

So you hallucinate a monster, then attack it and get skill exp?

If you’re swinging a weapon does it matter if there’s anything there or not? Practice is practice…

Regular zombies aren’t really a threat to… anyone, really. You can get plenty of ‘free’ skill XP from them as there’s no real risk there either, provided you know what you’re doing.
On top of that, hallucinations aren’t terribly common, and one hit will kill them, so it makes it kind of difficult to farm them for XP.

I wouldn’t argue if it were changed so hallucinations don’t provide XP, I just feel it’s redundant to do so.

[quote=“Leper, post:4, topic:3040”]Regular zombies aren’t really a threat to… anyone, really. You can get plenty of ‘free’ skill XP from them as there’s no real risk there either, provided you know what you’re doing.
On top of that, hallucinations aren’t terribly common, and one hit will kill them, so it makes it kind of difficult to farm them for XP.

I wouldn’t argue if it were changed so hallucinations don’t provide XP, I just feel it’s redundant to do so.[/quote]

Oh, didn’t know they disappeared in 1 hit.

But regular zeds can be deadly.
And to get plenty of free exp from them, you are subjected to intermittent amounts of special zeds (on non-classic).

Cough Cough Windowsill Cough

Has anyone got any cough drops?

Seriosly, it feels like i’m coughing up a lung here.

This is what i get for exercising.

School are the best way to train any dommage skill. Lot of child to kill, and they aren’t a probleme even at number without windows or whatever.

Originally, they had 1 HP. With the newly-revised hallucinations, they have full HP, but disappear in one hit no matter how much damage is done.

[quote=“detahramet, post:6, topic:3040”]Cough Cough Windowsill Cough

Has anyone got any cough drops?

Seriosly, it feels like i’m coughing up a lung here.

This is what i get for exercising.[/quote]

Well I already knew that from common sense but thanks anyway lol. As for any guides on the forums, I have not read any of those yet and it would ruin it for me so I refuse to :).

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:2, topic:3040”][quote=“Necrucifer, post:1, topic:3040”] I’ve known this for a good bit but never thought about mentioning it since it seemed plausible to give practice. I do see however how it can give experience for combat skills though since they would be like the real deal just harmless. Then again since Cata has RPG elements I do see how it should not give exp as well so I figured I would put it here since it seems a tie breaker to me.

Like I said though, I figured it was meant anyway so I never bothered putting it here since it made sense in a mentality sort of way but then I thought more of it and such and figured it might have not been intentional. Either way does not hurt for me to post it so here it is.[/quote]

Thats awesome.

So you hallucinate a monster, then attack it and get skill exp?[/quote]

Yeah but it’s one hit like others have said.

[quote=“Leper, post:4, topic:3040”]Regular zombies aren’t really a threat to… anyone, really. You can get plenty of ‘free’ skill XP from them as there’s no real risk there either, provided you know what you’re doing.

I wouldn’t argue if it were changed so hallucinations don’t provide XP, I just feel it’s redundant to do so.[/quote]

Well that is true but either way redundant or not the only reason to take any medication to get rid of the hallucinations is to get rid of the mess on the screen. Other than that hallucinations can pop up quite often at some points and give a good little bit of free exp. Sure it may be a little bit but when they happen frequently on odd occasions I still was not sure whether to report it or not since I was not aware of if it was intentional or not.

Well since I already clarified that point in the post that either way it’s practice then I figure this post was not needed but thanks for replying anyway lol.

After hearing my brother talk so much about his hobo, I decided to give it a try. I’m having a heck of a time trying to kick this alcohol addiction. The hobo has/is seeing more creatures than all of my previous characters put together. He is around day ten now. Im at a different computer right now, but last I checked his dodge was sitting around eight, while his next best, melee was at 5. So maybe the issue isn’t about offensive gains but defensive. The… things… attack me as I sleep, craft, fight, and read playboys.

So… What about dodging experience? Do hallucinations attack?

They do now. They don’t actually do any damage, despite the message saying they do. :wink:

Thought I made it so they didn’t grant dodging EXP though… I’ll have to double-check.

They do now. They don’t actually do any damage, despite the message saying they do. :wink:

Thought I made it so they didn’t grant dodging EXP though… I’ll have to double-check.[/quote]

If they use up your Dodges-per-turn counter, you ought to get Dodge XP for that. (You/character thought it was real, hit message and all!) Worst-case, you dodge the hallucination and can’t dodge a Real hostile.