Grenade Launcher Skill removed

With the addition of rocket launchers, I’ve noticed no skill placement for it. The only explosive skill so far is the grenade launcher. That being said i wish it can be renamed to an explosive skill.

This new Explosive skill will effect explosive damage consistency and blast radius. The higher the skill, the rounder the boom and circle of damage.

e.g damage circle
40 50 40
50 60 50
40 50 40

Also explosive weapon misfire would be nice. Like for throwing dynamite it can be so cold the fuse goes out. Or maybe the explosives themselves don’t go off, and when you go next to it it goes off in your face. Perhaps it can also be used in the formula to disarm landmines or accidentally activated bombs such as the mini nuke.

Ehh, not sure this makes any sense. Having higher skill should only impact the creation of explosives, not the use of them. If I find a grenade and throw it, my skill should determine where it lands, not what the grenade does when it’s not even in my hands anymore.

Granted in demolition skill is important, with shaping charges and whatnot, but we’re not really doing that. No amount of skill can make a grenade, whether thrown or launched, or a rocket, or a molotov, or whatever, ‘explode better’ after it is out of our hands. It is going to explode exactly the same way no matter who throws it. Where it lands is another story.

Personally I think we should just rename the Grenade Launcher skill to ‘Launchers’ and have it cover RPGs, grenade launchers, and anything in a similar vein. (I realize that RPGs and grenade launchers work on different principles, but it seems excessive to have an individual skill for individual weapons that are kind of hard to get your hands on and find uses for to begin with). It should only determine the accuracy/‘scatter’ of the center of the explosion. Rockets should tend to miss more parallel to the target:

|_ |
| | - Progressively worse misses.
|
_|
| |
| |
+ - Target
| |
| |
| |
| |

… and grenade launcher misses should scatter in a basic circle.
___
| |
| |
| |
| + -----|- Target
|_ |
|
|
|
__|

Explosion radius/damage should be determined entirely by the properties of the explosive being fired. I’m all for being able to make better explosives using either mechanics or chemistry(advanced cooking), but these skills are unrelated to the actual use of RPGs and grenade launchers.