Good places for a base?

I still prefer labs, actually, but that’s not bad.

Also, there’s a pretty easy way to get in to a military bunker without an ID AND without taking out the turrets. It uses a jackhammer, but I’ll leave the rest as an exercise to the reader… whenever I post an exploit or other decent thing, the devs “fix” it. heh :slight_smile:

let me guess, dig downstairs and mine inside wall? or colapse celling on turrets?

Yeah, I think I’m going to settle in a lab. But anyway, since they seem to be so far away, I’ll need a car. What do you guys like to drive? What do you recommend?

I’d recommend to start raiding with a 1x5 motorbike, it’s not too much work. It fits three cargo carriers and even a turret, I’m hunting deer with a turbolaser. Motorbike also slinks through tight spots on roads blocked by wrecks etc. Bring home the loot and build a custom mobile base from it.

I recommend the largest, most impractical vehicle possible.

Digging downstairs would would require more tools than just the jackhammer*. Collapsing ceilings is not REMOTELY dependable, and it would almost certainly expose you to their fire first, anyway.

*technically, my way also requires some other resources, but they are something everyone generally uses/carries anyway.

Digging downstairs would would require more tools than just the jackhammer*. Collapsing ceilings is not REMOTELY dependable, and it would almost certainly expose you to their fire first, anyway.

*technically, my way also requires some other resources, but they are something everyone generally uses/carries anyway.[/quote]
serwers and subway are too far to mine tunell with anything

Ok. What about a standard vehicle? Assuming I’m not building a mobile base, what do you recommend? The motorcycle is a good one, the town I travel through is clogged with wrecks. I currently have pickup truck.

*technically, my way also requires some other resources, but they are something everyone generally uses/carries anyway.[/quote]
serwers and subway are too far to mine tunell with anything[/quote]

Oh, once in a while, you can find a bunker quite close to a sewer or subway (or even a lab), but that’s certainly not dependable.

My way works on every bunker, and it uses stuff that is abundant and very available.

The survivor house (the one with the farm in back), LMOE shelters, military bunkers, the hidden cabin-barn, farms(of course), and the new-style gunstore are places I like setting up.

If by the new style gun stores you mean the ones with the weird add ons filled with casings in the back, yeah I like those to, but an alarm keeps on randomly sound every few minutes. I still plan to make a base in the labs because it seems fairly easy to clear them out (with emps) and they don’t seem to be TOO secluded and away from cities.

Really? I have never had an issue with that. But then when I camp in them I normally get inside by spawning in them in the first place…

Just using a sledgehammer on the wall of a gun store and making a bottleneck seems to work quite well.

i just drive tank RV into shooting range but sledgehammer works too

Not my tank! That’d require fixing!

Find the nearest working car and drive that through the wall instead. >_>

In my current game I found a small warehouse a fair bit (but not too far) away from a town and set up there, big open main area with big metal winch-operated door that you can pull in a vehicle into, plus a small office area to use as a bedroom. (Even had a couch to use as a bed.)

Quite nice, especially as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder in cataclysm.

Here’s an old post of mine where I converted the aboveground area of an ice lab to a base.

[quote=“Azrad, post:5, topic:10172”]Here’s the one on the previous world I played. You can see outside since I found an artifact at a mine that lets you see through everything.

Yessssssss. All things must be organized.[/quote]

Destroyed the walls inside the base so it can just be one room, then added a ceiling to the entire area. The only spot that couldn’t get a ceiling was the dissector, but I reckon if there’s ever a zombie santa he’ll be in for a big surprise if he ever drops down there.

All the floors below have been cleared out. No living things. And since it’s an ice lab, it doubles as cold storage for all the human NPCs who try to look at my hoard.

I third the Icelabs. Easy to secure, great source of more advanced chemical crafting materials, quite a few nifty electronic gadgets, and unlimited food storage. And there’s generally a source of water on the first floor. Also very, very few things in game can break through the metal doors. Make yourself a panic room to bolt into and arm a bunch of traps and you’re set.

[quote=“Rilder, post:36, topic:10547”]In my current game I found a small warehouse a fair bit (but not too far) away from a town and set up there, big open main area with big metal winch-operated door that you can pull in a vehicle into, plus a small office area to use as a bedroom. (Even had a couch to use as a bed.)

Quite nice, especially as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder in cataclysm.[/quote]

Warehouses!?

[quote=“Taraq, post:39, topic:10547”][quote=“Rilder, post:36, topic:10547”]In my current game I found a small warehouse a fair bit (but not too far) away from a town and set up there, big open main area with big metal winch-operated door that you can pull in a vehicle into, plus a small office area to use as a bedroom. (Even had a couch to use as a bed.)

Quite nice, especially as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder in cataclysm.[/quote]

Warehouses!?[/quote]

I’ve never seen warehouses before, is this in the latest experimental?