Go Bag

so what are Go Bags for, are they just a flavor item or do they have a function?

Dissassemble them to enjoy.

In addition, perhaps your questions should be better directed to the already 100+ pages in newb questions thread instead of making a bunch of threads for each of your questions:
smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14.0

yeah sorry i looked for that thread but i missed it.

EDIT: but what’s the point of making it? does it take up less volume than just carrying all that stuff separately?

I think it does, but it doesn’t weigh any less.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:4, topic:4527”]yeah sorry i looked for that thread but i missed it.

EDIT: but what’s the point of making it? does it take up less volume than just carrying all that stuff separately?[/quote]

I posted about this in Drawing Board, IIRC, but that was a while ago. The Go-Bag is the closest we can get to “containers with stuff inside them” in the current implementation. I accounted for the volume & weight of everything included in the package–it takes up the storage capacity of the backpack & duffel; everything else fits inside. (That’s why a Duffel/Backpack combo doesn’t give any storage. It’s already full!)

But you can carry it all in one easy pickup. In practice, it’s a pinata.

A great pinata when starting…

Doesn’t it also not take up volume when it’s worn? Not sure how much of an advantage that would be since it’s still really heavy, but…

why not have the Military Recruit profession start with one, and add a couple more points in cost?

It has SO MUCH STUFF IN IT

It’s OP for starting. Much better to find it.

It does, however, add about 2-3 points of Encumbrance, IIRC.

It has SO MUCH STUFF IN IT

It’s OP for starting. Much better to find it.[/quote]that’s why it would cost more points to start with it, and plus if you’re RPing an army recruit it would make sense to have all this equipment, and balance isn’t necessarily the biggest goal for a Role Playing Game, except of course for the gameplay itself.

Item limit.

great point, but in the current experimental i’m playing the only thing the item limit does is cause me to drop ammo(batteries, thread, etc.) when i unload an item if my item limit is maxed, so i was under the impression that it had been removed.

It was just a bag full of crap.