Glass roof for vehicle and so for greenhouse

Hi everyone. Newbie here. First of all, thanks for really great and interesting game. Love it so much :heart:
Maybe someone suggest earlier, sorry, didnt found that. Maybe it will be a good idea - make glass roof for vehicle.
As i understand, farming is possible only outside and only in some seasons. I suggest, that we have two troubles with farming in winter - temperature outside and sunlight inside houses.
So, maybe its not so hard to make glass roof for vehicle that can pass sunlight inside. And as i know temperature inside vehicles always much higher, than outside. So with that option we can make greenhouse with vehicle parts.
Just glass walls on perimeter and glass roof.

3 Likes

So wait, you can’t build a garden/farm within a glass construct? Thought that you always could.

Well it’s not a perfect answer but I guess the best alternative would be to rely on the hydroponic mods to help build that greenhouse that your after.
Added with a portable heater to keep the area warm throughout the winter.

You can build glass windows but not skylights (pregenerated glass roofs are currently made of multiple skylights).

I use current stable version and there no hydroponics mod. Just a pots, but they can’t help in winter :slight_smile:

So hydroponics don’t work during winter? Dang, there goes that little work around.

I have Hydroponics and they seem to work in the winter (Then again I tend to build them underground.) I’m also not against the idea of vehicle greenhouses, but I’d say they might not be viable. I’d suggest listing examples of such a thing in real life and using that as the base.

1 Like

Don’t know about vehicle greenhouses, but a train greenhouse would be pretty rad.
Setup an attachable cart along with other carts that each serve a different purpose.

I write mostly not for greenhouse “on wheels”, but we can use vehicle parts for making building on our base. I think after the apocalypse every part must have new life :smiley:

Small farms have greenhouses and you could probably put a heater inside. Sometime you can find fancy houses with a winter garden. I think the only thing stopping your from building your own is the glass roof.

Yep, that’s what i talk about. Only glass roof and we, o think, can made own greenhouses