Giant Ants

Let’s get a full list of your stats shall we? Because I’ve lost to ants with a fucking shotgun and a ceramic MBR vest.

Stats, Inventory (first page), and Map

I traveled up really high but if you want I can run back down towards the anthill and show you the dead room.

I belive, it should be a big (or atleast bigger) challenge. Wading through the bodies of your fallen insect foes sending them flying with a flaming zweihander (or cowering in terror as they eat you hding in your base) to reach the queen chamber in a epic showdown.

Not oh, i’ve built my base next to a anthill i’ll take care of that after making a cup’a tea. I say that due to the fact of the way an ant is. Picture an giant ant, its got an exoskeleton which is basicly natures type of armour, HUMUNGOUS strength and hordes of numbers to swarm you. If need be a dev could tweak the ammount of anthills but in the mean time im hoping for super ants.

[quote=“Fish, post:24, topic:5425”]I belive, it should be a big challenge. Wading through the bodies of your fallen insect foes sending them flying with a flaming zweihander (or cowering in terror as they eat you hding in your base) to reach the queen chamber in a epic showdown.

Not oh, i’ve built my base next to a anthill i’ll take care of that after making a cup’a tea.[/quote]

Exactly, It wasn’t even a challenge for me. In older versions I would’ve died so quickly with those meager skills. (even with those stunning blows.)

Edit: This isn’t entirely relevant, but I think dodging used to be easier to train. Or is it just me?

_< still is in .9

Just find a sewer rat im afraid.

[quote=“Fish, post:26, topic:5425”]>_< still is in .9

Just find a sewer rat im afraid.[/quote]

Well either way something definitely needs to be changed involving the ants. I want to see swarms of the things (similar to the swamps, just less OP) responsive to threats, and possibly patrolling guards in the anthill.

(Also the workers/scavengers should attack, because food.)

The horror!!!

Edit: but at the very least the ants need to be more responsive as I literally got attacked (not hit, attacked) like 6 or so times.

After you kill the ant queen is it possible to live in an ant hill?

Well yes but why would you want to do such thing?

Well yes but why would you want to do such thing?[/quote]

More food for the colony? Bonus: You don’t have to build a food storage area.

Well yes but why would you want to do such thing?[/quote]
Because your an insect mutant and want to take over the colony/hive.

The underground is completely clear but the ants keep spawning top side.
I have check around in a 50 map tile radius for another ant hill but mine is the only one

[quote=“CritMedic, post:32, topic:5425”]The underground is completely clear but the ants keep spawning top side.
I have check around in a 50 map tile radius for another ant hill but mine is the only one[/quote]

It takes a while for the ants to completely die off.

Wonder how long it takes. I’ve been living there for like 4 days

Uhhhh…

[quote=“CritMedic, post:34, topic:5425”]Wonder how long it takes. I’ve been living there for like 4 days[/quote]I found that it takes over a week for the ants to eventually disappear. And ants that have already spawned won’t despawn, so you have to kill them yourself.

Employing the help of a laser turret seemed to clear out a lot of them

the problem is almost certainly scent, the ants should likely get an ‘extragood’ scent flag that lets them track like they used to.