Generator for vehicles

What do you guy think of adding a generator for vehicles? It would work by adding a motor, an alternator, foot pedals and a seat in the same spot. Then you would go into the area and then it would ask how long to power the generator. This is would also be a substitute for just waiting around for weather changes or having a cold ect. The generator’s rate of adding power should be reliant on the players strength. Is this a good idea?

Pretty sure you an make both manual generators(with the pedals) and fuel consuming ones. Then you can use jumper cables to attach other stuff to them.

IIRC, you can make a generator by placing an alternator in a space with foot pedals to produce electricity.

Well, I guess I am slow to catch on then…

Alternatively you add the biggest alternator to the smallest engine you can find for efficiencies sake on a metal frame. Then add storage batteries and crafting stations. Or make it solar powered. You can get some very neat finishes if you plan well and make it look like part of the building too if you design it properly.

I’ve made a portable Kinetic Dynamo which I keep in my cargo carrier for recharging most of my gear.

Its made from two Foldable Frames
a Folding Seat
Vehicle Controls
Foot Pedals
1 Folding Wire Basket
1 small storage battery
1 motorbike alternator
and lastly a Recharging Station.

So whenever I need to charge up my Welder, Flashlight or whatever, I just break it out and start peddling. It takes a few minutes to charge up the battery and let the item charge up, but it’s free energy at least…

It’s 65 Volume and 59.5lbs storage.

And yeah, you could adapt stationary generators for use to whatever you need powered.

[quote=“Sundaysmile, post:6, topic:10291”]I’ve made a portable Kinetic Dynamo which I keep in my cargo carrier for recharging most of my gear.

Its made from two Foldable Frames
a Folding Seat
Vehicle Controls
Foot Pedals
1 Folding Wire Basket
1 small storage battery
1 motorbike alternator
and lastly a Recharging Station.

So whenever I need to charge up my Welder, Flashlight or whatever, I just break it out and start peddling. It takes a few minutes to charge up the battery and let the item charge up, but it’s free energy at least…

It’s 65 Volume and 59.5lbs storage.

And yeah, you could adapt stationary generators for use to whatever you need powered.[/quote]

it’s not free, it costs you time, food and water :slight_smile:

Find a luxury RV and add whatever utilities you need to the mid-section. Leave the motor running and go to sleep in the back to recharge the thing.
Wroom wroom! Or, you know, get earplugs and sleep in the control seat of any ol’ car. Just add a billion batteries.

Barely uses any fuel.

Eh, there’s also the vortex generator if you have the vehicle additions mod. Those are fun. Though they are really, really nerfy. They never run out of fuel, but they also don’t really produce that much. Of course, I’m a vehicle elitist, so they’ll do fine if you aren’t running an enhanced electric motor off them.