I started two games in a row, both Really Bad Day, and each one crashes as soon as the NPC catches fire! Is there any fix for this? This is kind of ridiculous given that half a year ago the game was more stable.
Or is the only option to disable NPCs, both random and static?
If you’re on Windows I can share my compiling setup since the instructions in COMPILING.md didn’t work for me, or if you want to I can just give you the custom build I use, but it also has some other PRs in it (rebalanced fire and neutral traits) + a small personal edit that disables the kickstarter backer names.
Extract the contents (bin, include, lib, share folders etc) of the various SDL libraries in the i686-w64-mingw32 (32bit) or x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64bit) folders to the MinGW folder.
Extract the bin and share folder from pkg-config-lite to the MinGW folder.
Extract the makefile to the CDDA source folder.
Open git bash in the CDDA source folder (right click on folder - Git Bash here).
Type export PATH=$PATH:/c/mingw32/bin where /c/mingw32/bin is where you extracted MinGW.
Type mingw32-make -j4 NATIVE=win32 RELEASE=1 DYNAMIC_LINKING=1 TILES=1 SOUND=1 LOCALIZE=0 BACKTRACE=0 and wait for up to an hour depending on your system. You can change win32 to win64 if you’re on 64bit.
When it’s done you should have an .exe in your CDDA source folder.
You will now have to paste all the SDL .DLL files (from i686-w64-mingw32\bin\ or x86_64-w64-mingw32\bin\) into your CDDA source folder. Note that SDL above 2.0.5 causes weird black lines for all the mshock based tilesets. If you want to use those tilesets, you will have to get SDL 2.0.5, SDL_mixer 2.0.1 and SDL_image 2.0.1 as well and use their .DLLs instead.
Note that this build will not include LUA or localization support. If you want those features you will have to get the required libraries for those.
But I got the text, not tiles version and it crashes when minimized. Since I only changed two lines, is it possible to just copy from the compiled version one or two files to the bugged official version?
I’ve been going back and forth between instruction pieces, starting from scratch each time, and I keep running into roadblocks, like missing .h files (they’re there, but minGW stupidly doesn’t search in those directories, which raises the question of why the folder structures are there to begin with as MinGW finds the files if they are in the include dir without a folder). Even when I hunt down all the files, I then get errors with the compiler or like I mentioned I get a non-tiles version that crashes.
There is no “git bash” if I install it that way. I just get a mingw folder with the only executables being a shortcut and a .bat file. Running the bat file just opens cmd which doesn’t recognize export.