Fungals taking over the world?

So, after my character number 30 died, I’ve noticed that almost all cities, forests and labs have been invaded with loads and loads of spores and fungaloids. Even the shelters!
They are now an unstoppable army. Even after destroying their groves, roots and heart, they keep reproducing.

How do I get rid of these pesky pricks?

Reset world, or keep making characters and stockpile flamethrowers and gas to deal with them on a new character

Thats exactly what I DONT want to do. I did not build an entire house with the hands of my character number 5, clean a full mine with only an USP 9mm with my character number 12 and build a fucking bulldozer with my character number 26’s hands to reset the world. No. So much good stuff happened in that map…

And the flamethrowers idea would be great if my characters stayed alive for more than 10 minutes without being murdered by a bunch of tiffrids

Hah. I immediately Reset everything the moment a character dies.

Stealing a full end-game kit from an old character’s corpse on some new guy feels like cheating.

that has to be some kind of glitch because in my game it is fall and i havent even seen a fungaloid yet.

[quote=“Mdnthrvst, post:4, topic:1074”]Hah. I immediately Reset everything the moment a character dies.

Stealing a full end-game kit from an old character’s corpse on some new guy feels like cheating.[/quote]

You loose all your skills, fancy CMBs and mutations. I guess its balanced

The thing is, I started to see fungaloids after my character number 21 (I remenber because he was the brave man who tried to kill an entire anthill with meele. He failed of course). And then, when my character 28 got killed by a fungaloid, I went all well armed to kill the heart but failed and at 29, I used cheats to kill it because I could see the fungaloids 10 map tiles away from their groove.

Are you guys talking about fungaloids or triffids?

If you guys aren’t mistaken, then you guys might have taken out a triffid grove thinking it was a fungal spire.

Both. And killed all groves and fungal spires in a radius of 20 map tiles with and without cheats. They just keep spawning.

Im thinking im going to cheat my way into other regions and kill the groves and spires I find there.

Did you physically observe watching the spire die? If you throw a molotov and leave the area and come back, I remember back in previous builds (when dinosaurs ruled the earth) that if you didn’t observe the fungaloid spire dying, then the game continued to view it as that area was still active and as a result fungaloids would cover the earth.

Yeah. Also killed the spires and groves in the nearest regions. Nothing.
Guess Ill have to use cheats to clean the map a bit more…

Triffids are not fungals. These are two different types of enemy.

Both are taking over my world. And yet Im killing both kinds of enemies, all their spires and hearts and nothing is happening

If you wait a few months before doing this, presumably the map numbers are still very high, they just aren’t going up anymore.
Similar to how zombies in dynamic spawn mode pull from an existing ‘pool’ of zombies per town.

So the strategy would be to destroy the spire/heart and then start slaughtering in the immediate vicinity until the spawn pool is expended?

You could always lure them to a gas station and blow up all of them in the town.

A noise emitter and/or a radio are pretty handy at this.

If you wait a few months before doing this, presumably the map numbers are still very high, they just aren't going up anymore. Similar to how zombies in dynamic spawn mode pull from an existing 'pool' of zombies per town.
I've noticed they stopped spawning after a month or so, but they are still a very powerful and deadly army. And Im not sure if fungaloids stop spawning spores...

[quote=“drake1storm, post:15, topic:1074”]You could always lure them to a gas station and blow up all of them in the town.

A noise emitter and/or a radio are pretty handy at this.[/quote]
I’ve done that so many times I ran out of gas stations in my region

So you need to kill a lots of them. I think the easiest way would be to make a killing machine, a killdozer with a very wide shovel and flamethrowers.