Fungaloids (some spoilers)

1. Decrease their spawn rate so it takes them a month to take over a town, not three days to a week (either by simply slowing them down or making more fungaloids only be formed out of living things-like rabbits, etc).

2. Make their “disease” target the torso, not arms, and cause mouth encumbrance. Advanced stage should target the limbs and head afterward.

3. Allow chems and cauterizing to slow or partly reverse the infection, even if they don’t cure. Walking into a ranging inferno and hanging out there for a minute or so should completely cure the infection (if you’re crazy enough to do that).

Fungaloids don’t take over towns at all as far as I’m aware, they just spawn dynamically in areas around fungal spires.

They can spread fairly far from their Spire though. Critters that outdistance Binoculars (as in, you’re in the thick of it without seeing the Spire on the Map screen) can fairly be said to “take over the town”.

Right, but they don’t just spawn and spawn and spawn until the town is overrun, they despawn when you leave the area.

In .5, at least, I notice they can continue to spawn more of themselves on the ground just from nearby fungaloids. No idea about despawning when you leave, but they can take a cluster of houses in about an hour or two.

They always did that, but like all dynamically spawned things, the offshoot fungi aren’t persistant and vanish when you go far enough off screen. So it’s not really possible for fungaloids to take over a town. And if you’re diligent enough, you should be able to eliminate them from a region yourself via mass extermination.

I was playing the game in static spawn, not dynamic.

I was playing the game in static spawn, not dynamic.[/quote]

Static spawn only applies to Zs - swamps, funagloids, triffids, etc, still spawn dynamically.

Fungaloids are somewhat fine if you got some royal jelly with you, which is of course NOT an option if you got the ‘carnivore’ mutation, as my current char has.

Not sure if you can ‘heal’ yourself by using the DNA-thingie in hospitals, but that’s yet to test since there’s no hospital around (though in a map before there had been 3 in the same location (all visible from starting shelter)).

[quote=“prytoclasm, post:9, topic:1469”]Fungaloids are somewhat fine if you got some royal jelly with you, which is of course NOT an option if you got the ‘carnivore’ mutation, as my current char has.

Not sure if you can ‘heal’ yourself by using the DNA-thingie in hospitals, but that’s yet to test since there’s no hospital around (though in a map before there had been 3 in the same location (all visible from starting shelter)).[/quote]

The eye-injector? AFAIK that’s to fix broken limbs.

i was wondering what that was for. was doing a run through the hospital when i bumped into the eye-injector. there were zeds all around, but i thought, meh, while i’m here…

Regarding fungal population sprawl, yea that needs addressing, I think I remember GlyphGryph saying he had plans to rework them.